I went to inspect my two hives yesterday and one of them had what appeared to be 8 frames of partially filled honey comb in the top super (above the queen excluder), the other was empty (no queen excluder). So I decided to transplant 2 frames of honey from one hive to the other. In the process of doing so, I noticed that about 4 frames from the transplanted hive had capped brood on them, which I didn't notice last week when I added the queen excluder. I made sure to put only the frames with NO brood in the weaker hive.

But for the hive with the honey/brood frames, what do I do now?

I have two more empty supers with 10 frames each of undrawn pierco comb. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough beeswax to rub onto these frames yet.

Should I scrape the brood out of the 4 frames in the super and replace them back into the hive or are these frames "contaminated" and now they can't be used just for honey?

Should I put the honey/brood frames in the freezer for 24 hours, replace the empty space with undrawn comb, then put the honey/brood frames back and the let the bees clean them out?

Should I do something else?

Of course, all of this depends (I think) on my being able to find the queen in the super and if I find her, putting her in the top deep below the super, then replacing the excluder.

Would I be setting the hive back too far for winter by replacing any frames with undrawn comb?

We're going through a massive goldenrod explosion around here and you can smell the goldenrod honey about 20 feet from the hive. I kind of think there's enough nectar to go around for the next few weeks.

Thanks,
Jim