Default New Maxant 3100P

20130903_174204_zpsc1abca0f.jpg
    http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/y...pscf39017e.jpg

Very happy but surprised at no Maxant logo/sticker. The internal basket now has stampings instead of the bent wire in the past. Well pleased with the construction, but did add locking 3" wheels. I will give it a test run VERY soon!
    Mike
    N5RWH - 9a

Default Re: New Maxant 3100P

In the mail!
    www.maxantindustries.com
    American made Honey Processing Equipment "Built to last a lifetime"

I purchased one in July...it is still in the box but will check for a logo.
    Please let me know if the locking wheels are enough to keep it stable and in place when extracting.

Quote Originally Posted by WBVC View Post
    I purchased one in July...it is still in the box but will check for a logo.
    Please let me know if the locking wheels are enough to keep it stable and in place when extracting.
    Will do WBVC, I hope to get a chance to crank it up this weekend. I think I have 3-5 supers worth of full frames to check it out with. I have been holding off waiting for my new toy... The wheels each has a locking lever, a little more but made sense to me. I think the wheels, 3/8" thread stock (expanding the hole in the feet was minimal work). All together 3 wheels, 3 locking washers, and three nuts was right at $20 so not a bad hit price wise. Stability, news at 11....
    Mike
    N5RWH - 9a

Nice. I bet that sucker is gonna move around on yeah even if the wheels are locked. Have fun.
    Mark Berninghausen "That which works, persists."

If that works I will try and get my daughter to do the modification for me..attaching the feet is about my level of fixing things up I wondered about putting a cement block up against leg.

Quote Originally Posted by WBVC View Post
    If that works I will try and get my daughter to do the modification for me..attaching the feet is about my level of fixing things up I wondered about putting a cement block up against leg.
    Since I am in a neighborhood and will extract inside my tile entrance is the best spot. However I did not want to mess up my tile entrance....

It's a good idea. I'll bet it works for you and your situation. Hope I didn't seem to rain on your parade.
    Mark Berninghausen "That which works, persists."

Quote Originally Posted by mmmooretx View Post
    20130903_174204_zpsc1abca0f.jpg
    http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/y...pscf39017e.jpg

Very happy but surprised at no Maxant logo/sticker. The internal basket now has stampings instead of the bent wire in the past. Well pleased with the construction, but did add locking 3" wheels. I will give it a test run VERY soon!
    mmmooretx...i am just a novice backyard beek..i have this extractor and have used it for two seasons so far..its great..but if you mount the extractor to a board large enough to fit the extractor and the pail, bungee the pail to the extractor legs and put the casters on the board the extractor and pail will move together..i never lock my casters and it has never walked anywhere..just start slow and then let her go..it just shimmies in place a bit. ive extracted a total of 460lbs of honey trouble free...sorry i dont know how to attach a picture.