Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default your forum is feeling unfriendly

I participate actively in 6 forums. 2 for guitar, one for ponding & Koi, 2 for bicycles and one for general garden related questions. Have done for years. Never have i been so completely ignored. 210 views of my post and not one welcoming word.

so is it some kind of archaic etiquette or protocol. one must go to the welcome forum and be blessed. is it snobbery where one is recognized as a casual observer and not a heavy duty "beekeeper" or "beekeeper wanna bee" ergo not worthy of response. or is it that nobody knows the answer and isn't respectful enough to finally say, hey it seems nobody knows. good luck with your bumblebee.

whatever it is, just wanted you to know how you are viewed by one newbie. rude. i have been fascinated by bees for years and have been extremely concerned for some time now about the threats to them. cell phones, pesticides, mites/parasites, etc. so i eagerly looked forward to learning a lot and talking with some folks about it. but it's clear to me this is NOT the place for that.

i only write this so maybe you'll be a little more welcoming to the next person who comes along. like a whole lot more welcoming.

please delete me from your database and best of luck with your endeavors. the bees obviously need all the help they can get and i am sure you are dedicated and sincere about them.

Default Re: your forum is feeling unfriendly

Adios

No answers does not mean unfriendly. It means no answers. Be realistic. This is a site full of beekeepers. Bumblebees are not really 'kept.'
    Solomon Parker, Parker Farms, ParkerFarms.biz
    11 Years Treatment-Free, ~25 Colony Baseline

Sorry. I read your posts but don't know a thing about bumblebees so didn't reply. I'm new and felt very welcomed to this forum. There are a lot of experts on honey bees here and they are very generous with advice. I think there just aren't many people on here who know bumblebees.

Ricker- the thing is this forum is mostly about honey bees. I for one saw your thread asking for help on the subject of bumble bees, but knowing jack nothing about them, and therefore not qualified to bloviate on the subject - I didn't bother to read that one thread among the many about my actual interest which is honey bees. Sorry, isn't there a bumble bee forum? Good luck.
    since '09-25H-T-Z6b

couldn't disagree more, I am pretty new hear and appreciate all the help I get here. I would say that some can be unfriendly here, tf vs non-tf but other than that I love this forum.

Hey let me just say welcome, hope you have a better experience here in the future!

Welcome. Why don't you start with honeybees? Then move on to bumblebees...Deb

Cloverdale is right. If you're that into bumblebees, you should really think about honeybees.

What's a bumblebee???
    It takes a family to raise a family, it takes a village to really screw that up... Djei5

RICKER... I am a honeybee person,, I see your posts about others and have no information to share,, that is NOT ignoring you,, it is just that I have no info for you,,

if you skin is that thin,, you may wish to explore other venues

Well, I would not expect helpful information about your guitar from a harmonica forum. But they are both musical!

I am sorry you are upset but your expectations are not realistic. What most people here know about BBs is that we don't keep them. Were you wanting a bunch of comments from people who didn't know what they were talking about? None of us here want to hear advice from people who don't have actual experience with honey bees so we have learned early not to give advice without having experience. Mu knowledge about BBs is that you pray you don't run into them when you are bush hoging.

As for my experience here, I have found it most helpful and friendly. However, I usually ask question that are actually related to Honey bees.
    Old Guy in Alabama

I have grown tarantulas, cockroaches was centipede hunting when i came across a bee keeper. kept wild bees for 1st 3 yrs (in az that means some africanized too lol they are cooland have now also kept carniolians and Italians . LOVE bb's haven't kept them but have watched them some and they are freaking cool --- maybe that is next years fun.... >

Welcome

http://www.bumblebee.org/

surfing this site should keep you from feeling to ignored and answer any questions on bumblebees that you might have.

Raid for bumblebees, sugar water for honey bees, that's all I know Ricky! IMHO!

Speaking of Bumblebees, saw one at the hive last week, carrying away one of my girls, thought what the heck!

First year beekeeper here and I kinda just hit the ground running. Nothing but help, advice and a boost of confidence from this forum. And even after you lashed out, most people were still diplomatic in their response. If you went on a tangent in your guitar forum, I'm sure you would have been told to go defecate in your hat. You should appologize to everyone here.

It seems futile to respond to this person, .........he's probably ignoring us

Quote Originally Posted by Ricker63 View Post
    I participate actively in 6 forums. 2 for guitar, one for ponding & Koi, 2 for bicycles and one for general garden related questions. Have done for years. Never have i been so completely ignored. 210 views of my post and not one welcoming word.

so is it some kind of archaic etiquette or protocol. one must go to the welcome forum and be blessed. is it snobbery where one is recognized as a casual observer and not a heavy duty "beekeeper" or "beekeeper wanna bee" ergo not worthy of response. or is it that nobody knows the answer and isn't respectful enough to finally say, hey it seems nobody knows. good luck with your bumblebee.

whatever it is, just wanted you to know how you are viewed by one newbie. rude. i have been fascinated by bees for years and have been extremely concerned for some time now about the threats to them. cell phones, pesticides, mites/parasites, etc. so i eagerly looked forward to learning a lot and talking with some folks about it. but it's clear to me this is NOT the place for that.

i only write this so maybe you'll be a little more welcoming to the next person who comes along. like a whole lot more welcoming.

please delete me from your database and best of luck with your endeavors. the bees obviously need all the help they can get and i am sure you are dedicated and sincere about them.
    The way I see it is that you came here w/ expectations and when your expectations weren't met by others, not privy to your expectations your feelings were hurt. Who hurt your feelings? It couldn't have been anyone who responded to your Post, so it must have been you yourself, by your expectations.

Would you rather get responses from a lot of people who don't know anything about what you are asking? a lot of people saying "I don't know."

Cell phones? That old myth? Welcome to Beesource.
    Mark Berninghausen "That which works, persists."

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Warren View Post
    Speaking of Bumblebees, saw one at the hive last week, carrying away one of my girls, thought what the heck!
    She must have been helping the colony do so house cleaning.

Are you sure that the honeybee wasn't attacking the bumblebee while the bumble was leaving the hive?
    Mark Berninghausen "That which works, persists."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast