Default New hobbyist beekeeper

Honeybees came to my yard. I paid a professional to remove them. Other bees came back. I paid for removal again. More bees came back so I decided to become a beekeeper. After a year of beekeeping I have learned a lot, and even harvested some honey, but mostly I've learned that there's a lot more to learn and when I ask five beekeepers questions then I can expect eight professional opinions, which they are ready to heartily debate.

Default Re: New hobbyist beekeeper

Nearly same here, Matt. Welcome btw I still remember running and screaming like a little girl (no offense little girls) whenever a bee came within eye or ear shot. Now I find myself going out of my way and following the precious critters in hopes of spying their home. I've got 12 kids ranging from 23 to 18 months and they all interact and cohabitate daily with all my hives. Only ones to be stung so far are me (while weed whacking beneath the hives), one of my older sons (if something bad is going to happen, it's going to happen to him), and my wife (because she was helping me do yard work!

Some things are just meant to be. No pun intended.

Welcome.

Ken

Default Re: New hobbyist beekeeper

Welcome Matt!
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com