Default South Florida swarms

I put out a bait hive several weeks ago in my back yard and until this morning, I didn't see any bees checking it out. This morning, I looked out my kitchen window and there are at least 20 bees exploring.
    Fall swarm season is here, I hope! I have another box at my son's house.
    Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. Prvb 16:24
    March 2010; +/- 30 hives, TF

Default Re: South Florida swarms

I got home this afternoon and immediately looked at the bait hive. No more bees. Drat. Then I went to check on a small nuk I started a week ago in a 4 frame box with a frame of bees/open and sealed brood/queen cells and a frame of pollen and nectar. That one didn't make it, which I suspected was happening the other day--I've tried that twice before and still no success.

Anyway, the 4 frame was sitting on top of an empty 5 frame nuk that I'd transferred bees into a 10 frame awhile back.
    A new swarm was in it, much to my surprise. I knew it only had a couple frames in it so I took the chance, opened it and added the remaining empty frames. Decent size amount of bees. It was not a bait box intentionally, and yet it's the one they moved into, right in the middle of 2 other backyard hives.
    Go figure.
    Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. Prvb 16:24
    March 2010; +/- 30 hives, TF