Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Trailer 7k or 8k question?

10K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  LSPender 
#1 ·
I found someone who will build me a forklift single axle trailer. Should I go with 7k or 8k axle? What would you do in my place? 8k axle trailer is about $1100 more expensive than 7k. I have a bobcat with operation weight of 4730lb. I was wondering if it is worth investing in a heavier axle. Thank you.

#8 ·
Can't say as I have. I have seen one single axle skidsteer trailer w/ wheels the size that semis use. Joe Romance's.

One trailer I know of has two axles, forget what they are called. The deck is down between the wheels. Forget if it's a tilt bed or not.

Seems like Hackenberg's tilt bed is dual axled, but not dual wheeled.

#6 ·
One axle, one wheel on each side.
I see most of the beekeepers that drive on CA hwys have this kind of trailers: about 12' long one axle, tilt bed. I will appreciate your imput, just want to make the right decision. I have a 2 axle and yesterday the frame (4" tube) broke in two by the fenders. Again, thanks.

#7 ·
I have 2 such trailers with single 8k axles. I love them and wouldn't consider anything lighter. To me those weight ratings don't take into account the rough off road conditions routinely encountered by beekeepers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.