Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default With Beepods, the bees don't get mad when you inspect the hive or extracting honey.

Default Re: With Beepods, the bees don't get mad when you inspect the hive or extracting hone

Maybe it's because I'm still too new to beekeeping, but this just looks like an over glorified top bar hive. They're definitely proud of their product with that type of price tag. Maybe it's because your buying more than a hive but all the wisdom you could ever need to keep bees with their support system.

Sounds like another person trying to reinvent the wheel. Er, I mean Beehive...

Default Re: With Beepods, the bees don't get mad when you inspect the hive or extracting hone

Cool...a free turkey feather. That'll help.

for $1375 I will sell someone a complete kit plus bees and give them a year of phone tech support too.
    Charla Hinkle

And the whole turkey

Built myself two top bar hives with white cedar shingled roofs that are hinged and the cost was well below $100 each including making my own bars.
    Just can't see paying (I mean throwing away) that kind of cash.
    Internet credibility is an oxymoron

"The bees don't get mad when you inspect them". I would love to hear the support line conversation about that when a nubee cracks the lid and finds out their lovely kittens are having a bad hair day LOL.

Come on guys. It's got a rounded top and the screws are a matching color to the wood.

Oh yeah, and that's a bee brush, not just a feather.

>$1,375.00

Wow... only $1,375...
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 41y 200h 38yTF

The photos are irresponsible, especially since they are marketing to new beekeepers and advertising their system does not upset bees. Having the hive on the back deck next to the grill and dining table? having unprotected people sitting right next to the hive? inspecting without at least a veil?
    Second year, lots of things still to be learned, a bunch of it the hard way.

I think it's right in there with the flow hive. The TBH is 32 frames long, the equivalent of two flow hives. Two flow hives will cost you $1,400. You save $25 with the TBH!
    Regards, Barry

See the picture of the girls sitting a few feet away watching and the lady inspecting, you can also put it on your deck right next to where you sit or the back door.

It must work--That's proof...

"The bees don't get mad when you inspect them"

The price is high so they can cover all the lawsuits. And that's the holiday special.

In a world where $5 cups of coffee abound, and every time I walk into a convenience store or gas station I have to wait for someone to figure put which lottery tickets to buy with their 'winnongs' from the last round of tickets they lost money on......it's hard to classify anything that is actually well made as too expensive.

I've seen one of these bee pods a few years ago....some features are (imho) unnecessary/detrimental....but people who do buy expensive hives do want a screened bottom of some kind. These are beautifuly made...and the claim about the bees not noticing the inspection is one that I hear from TBH proponents in general.
    “Siri, tell Amazon to drone me a beer.” -Homer Simpson

BEWARE!! I clicked on those links, and now I see their ads on other sites I visit.
    Horseshoe Point Honey -- http://localvahoney.com/

Quote Originally Posted by AstroBee View Post
    BEWARE!! I clicked on those links, and now I see their ads on other sites I visit.
    clean of their cookies.
    mike syracuse ny
    I went to bed mean, and woke up meaner. Marshal Dillon

So if they do get mad and attack me. Will I get a refund??

I heard they just sold one.

Now they have to wait for the one born a minute after that one....

Quote Originally Posted by Beregondo View Post
    I heard they just sold one.

Now they have to wait for the one born a minute after that one....

OK If they do not get mad why is a jacket and veil included????

Quote Originally Posted by Cabin View Post
    OK If they do not get mad why is a jacket and veil included????
    Great observastion Cabin! I figure because of the lack of confidence in their product

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast