Default Best way to space frames at 32mm

Hi all- I'm in the process of converting my nationals to 32mm spacing in the brood nest (removing castellated spacers). I am leaning toward inserting a screws on opposing sides of each frame- protruding 4mm on each side of a 24mm frame. Does anyone have an alternative method for achieving this spacing? Thanks for all advice!

Default Re: Best way to space frames at 32mm

If you got for opposite corners you can cut the number of spacers in half. There are various things you could use. Small screws give you easy and precise control over how far they stick out. A small diameter nail could be used if you use something to control the depth so you can tap it in with a hammer.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

The tips are appreciated Mr. Bush! I hope to add in the future how this works out in Portugal.

If you cut a small piece of pipe the distance you want protruding and make a wire handle you can start the nail, put the pipe over it and tap the nail in with a hammer with the pipe acting as the stop.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF