Default Unemerged and ?non-viable brood???

I inspected our hives today and one of our hives is a new colony made from a cut outin the eave of a nearby house. Gave them drawn out deep and drawn out super and let them go to town.

Three weeks later they're doing great and adjusting wonderfully to their new location!

On the brood frames however we noted there was some fully developed uncapped brood. I think most of it were drones maybe? There were also some worker brood that looked like they were trying to emerge but didn't or couldn't. No other signs of disease or mites or DFW. Did see a worker busily emerging.

Not sure what to make of it.

By the way, no major stores in any of my hives. Starting to feed immediately!

Default Re: Unemerged and ?non-viable brood???

"Bald brood" is not uncommon can be caused by rearranging the frames or pushing them closer together during inspections. It's also probably a symptom of other stress - robbing, weak population, dearth, disease. Worker bees that are too few, otherwise occupied, or too weakened to do a steller job. Address any stress that you can think of.

Don't worry about the bald brood it may be viable anyway, but will clear up when conditions improve overall.
    since '09-25H-T-Z6b

Could also be chilling during the cutout or European Foulbrood?

Didn't look like EF (had that in another hive earlier this summer).

Maybe stressed....time will tell I guess.

Thanks for the replies.