Default Will they take feed with the bloom still going?

I have a TBH that was hived with a swarm on July 30th. It was a large swarm and just recently picked up bees from a queenless hive directly next to it. (Lots of bees in there) They have 9 combs partially drawn, 7 of which are 70% complete and nearly everything is capped brood with only a very, very narrow band of nectar or uncapped honey stores around the edges. My gut tells me I should feed them due to the time of the year but they are in a 50 acre clover field that will bloom for about the next 4 weeks. If I feed them now will they even take it? Should I put a feeder in there anyways and let them have their choice?

Default Re: Will they take feed with the bloom still going?

Yes the bees will take all that they can get and this time of the year they will need all that you can give them. By what you have described the hive is a bit behind so pour the syrup to them.
    Bill...in Southeast Ohio

Default Re: Will they take feed with the bloom still going?

If the nectar flow starts and produces what the bees need they will stop taking the syrup and will bring in the nectar. Often beekeepers think sufficient nectar is being brought in when actually there is not enough to cause wax production. This is one reason for partially drawn frames at the end of the season.