Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Cut Out or Trap Out??

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  JonnyBeeGood 
#1 ·
Let me start by saying I've never done either. This is my first call for bee removal that has actually been Honeybees!
The house is in an ' L ' shape and the bees are entering from the inside corner of the ' L'. They are climbing up the foundation behind the siding and going in between the the first floor joist. I ran a scope up behind the siding and can see them walking in along the top of the foundation, in a gap between 2 boards.
From inside the house they appear to tucked right in that corner. The homeowner does mind tearing out the Sheetrock ceiling a little to get to the hive, if that will even get me close enough?!
I'm considering trying the hogan trap out method to see if I can't get a lot of the bees out of the hive.
Not really sure... Any thoughts out there???

#4 ·
Well I went for the cut out... Made my own be vac which worked great. Only needed to make a small cutout in the wall and ceiling in a basement room. Homeowner will do all wall repairs.
10 large sections of comb with brood taken out, found the queen and put her safely inside hive. Rubber banded combs in place. 4 hrs. later & $250 cash in my pocket. I think I'll charge more next time...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.