Default honey flow in southeastern Kansas !

well after we had serious rain and thunder storms for 10 out of 12 days recently....the bees have emerged to a high amount of blooms. i checked a few days ago for the first time during that time and did some manitenance today and popped a few lids....to find that all of the hives had built up 9 out of ten frames (foundationless) and are packing them aggressively !

one hive has actually built all ten and packed 8 with 2 middles already being 50% capped ! i put a ross round super on it and hopefully they fill that sucker up hahaha.

the nucs i had made to overwinter should end up having atleast one full medium of honey each for winter.

really really excited !

Default Re: honey flow in southeastern Kansas !

tommysnare, The Golden Rod is about ready to pop open over here in the next county east of you. Hope the Rain's have brought on some late summer forage for the Bee's but we will see.

Do you know what their working. Here in SW MO. mine are working Buckbrush heavy. A few days back I extracted six deep frames from a hive I felt was getting honey bound and all six are full and capped now. I have some hives I started in late summer that don't have much of a workforce yet so I've been swapping out some empty frames with them so they don't run out of room. I don't have much goldenrod here but whats there is just starting to bloom. Woody

awesome guys !
    gonna do inspections tomorrow. making sure i bring plenty of boxes and frames