Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Wife's out of town, and I really messed up.

17K views 75 replies 52 participants last post by  nobull56 
#1 ·
Going through the house, from the back yard to the garage, I realized I had to go . . . bad. Thinking it would just take a minute, I set the super I was carrying down on the floor. When I returned from the restroom, I went to pick up the super, and it was stuck to the brand new light-colored carpet. I un-stuck it, but there is now a perfect square of propolis on the carpet. :eek:

Please help. How do I get this out of the carpet? I have never been able to remove it from anything. I am so screwed. :pinch:

#11 ·
I read this thread and its responses to my wife, and she had a giggle. She suggests confessing up front, followed by a stated plan for how the problem will be fixed. Might help to have estimates in hand.

There are solvents that will dissolve propolis, but none that should be used on carpet, let alone indoors (toluene, turpentine)

#48 ·
Yes, very likely it will work.
If not try a small Blow Torch. Guaranteed to get it off.

Good luck. I'm married for over 40 years. Very difficult to shift a pensioner!

#15 ·
I've had decent success with small scissors and just trimming the pile a bit. I build engines as a hobby and occasionally track grease into the house on a boot. sometimes, you just can;t get it out. propolis is one of those types of things that probably wont be easily removed chemically, so you're left with mechanical removal.

#17 ·
Really? Ice? Like dry ice? I heard you can freeze clothing that has gum on it, and sometimes get it out. Ok, I will try it first since it is chemical free. If this works, there is a big slobbery kiss in it for you. Although I might have to pay her to do it.

Clickbangbang; thank you for caring for the bees. :lookout: :p

#19 ·
I got cyan oil based concentrated printing ink on my mom's brand new carpet by putting a milk crate down on the rug. I used scissors but I wouldn't advise it. The ice thing sounds good and calling the pro cleaners or who ever put the carpet in to patch it while they still have the same color in stock. Don't worry she will understand.

#23 ·
After 39 years, I have learned that disappointing my bride hurts worse than a beating. I will try everything mentioned here as something has to work. Options for replacement are nonexistent, and funds don't allow for hiring the pro guys, so wish me luck, and I will post what works. :s

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.