Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Wife's out of town, and I really messed up.

Best thread on any forum I have ever read..even read them to my wife...

When I was a mechanic, whenever we got a grease stain on someones upholstery, we would use brake cleaner and a rag. It didn't cause discoloration and it got all the grease and oil off every time. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by dnichols View Post
    Well it's been 4 days. Did you try anything? Update please.
    No response...I wonder if he's still alive.
    Try it. What could happen?

I have enjoyed reading this thread as well. I laugh at some of the responses while I find similar situations familiar to me. Honesty is a good choice, as our wives seem to know how to fix many of our messes. Best wishes and luck to help with the situation. Updates please.
    If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.
    http://photobucket.com/MCBees

Quote Originally Posted by Moonfire View Post
    As a woman I'd just like to throw it out there... women know that men don't always think on their toes, therefore they can make silly clumsy mistakes like this, sometimes often. We do tend to laugh about it after the initial shock of said accident has set in so give her some time to digest. Women love honesty, so it can really only help you to be up front with her about how it happened even if you do get it cleaned up. as long as you explain that you knew it would upset her and tried to fix it before she got home, she will surely forgive you, if for no other reason than that you considered her feelings about it. don't be afraid to express remorse ( this needs to be genuine, we can see through the BS), and allow her to make a little fun out of the situation and laugh with her about it later, oh and definitely try to fix it as soon as possible ( procrastination is mans worse enemy when it comes to dealing with women)!! that's all I got for you advice wise... if the problem was wax related I'd be full of clean up advice for you!
    Maybe he should even show her this thread.
    Greg Whitehead, Ten Mile, TN
    Blog - http://gregsbees.blogspot.com/

Try an old rag and a hot Iron. It works for wax it may work for propolis?

Well no one named this one so here it is Oops Cleaner (http://www.sherwin-williams.com/home...r-and-cleaner/) you can also find it on E-bay & Amazon. this stuff will remove almost anything from anywhere!

Warning it will not remove stupid, I'm still looking for something for that!

nobull56 , That oops looks promising. I have some other propolis stains on the rug in my van I may test some of the oops and that http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?...llow&cId=PDIO1 on it. This thread is helping me strategies for my own messes. I'm sure I'll get propolis on our rug eventually. I hope Beewhisper found something that worked for him.

I really would get a carpet professional. I know funds dictate but it is new carpet. I have had a carpet guy tell me that "yah I could have gotten it out but because you used XYZ it set the stain and now there is not much I can do". Most will come out for free and at least give you some advice. I actually had one come out once and got rid of a spot for free. I gave him a 20 for lunch on me.

I'd go with the dry ice followed by a vacuum. But did he live?
    Time to be a gypsy again, 2014 will be my prep year, my bees want a better area with actual rainfall.

I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents. This stuff works well. Same principle as dry ice, but in a handy spray can. DO NOT get it on your skin.

http://www.excellent-supply.com/Releasit-Gum-Freeze-Spray-Single-6-oz-Can-for-Removing-Gum-From-Carpet_p_62.html

Quote Originally Posted by sqkcrk View Post
    Dry ice and a hammer?
    I like this idea. Suggest calling her ASAP and before she gets home. You'll endure less steam.

Boy did I arrive late to this party!
    Last edited by throrope; 08-27-2013 at 05:55 PM.

Ive been in the plumbing trade for a long time, we have used Afta spot romover on several occasions for tar and oils, it reminds me of dry cleaner fluid....i'm not sure how well it will work on the propolis but i'd give it a try..also Resolve carpet cleaner is great stuff and carburator/brake cleaner removed spray painted graffiti vandalizm off hand painted truck lettering...see link for the Afta..try a good hardware store near you. http://www.superkleendirect.com/k2r-spot.aspx

STILL ALIVE . . . EVERYTHING IS GREAT.

I did not get to try the dry ice, special cleaners, or brake cleaner. WD-40 did not work either. However, I was able to try various things on different spots, and the one thing I tried that worked (with a little scrubbing) was Isopropyl Alcohol. It needed to be well saturated, and with a small brush, scrubbed until it was gone. While it was still wet with alcohol, I used a cloth to soak up the excess. The rest evaporated quickly; leaving a clean carpet.

My wife was happy for the news, and I am certain it will be inspected upon her return. Yet, I will certainly give the credit to all my fellow beeks for the wise counsel and gut splitting humor, not to mention the great ideas. I would say that I would like to try all the other great cleaners, etc. but I choose to walk AROUND the house instead of through the house from here on out, so if I try any other product, it will have to be on something else.
    No one famous.

Attaboy!
    Greg Whitehead, Ten Mile, TN
    Blog - http://gregsbees.blogspot.com/

I think it would be fun if you told us it came back, so you could see just how far this goes!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234