Thread: Expand FAQ

Default Expand FAQ

The stock FAQ that comes with vBulletin is not very exhaustive. If anyone has an element they would like to see added to it, please post it here or send it to me in email. I'll do my best to include it. If you even want to include all the relevant copy that goes with it, all the better!
    Regards, Barry

Default Re: Expand FAQ

This is not strictly limited to vBulletin, but often comes up in the forum:

Note there are two primary ways to effectively search Beesource. If you want info on a topic, but aren't searching for a specific member, the Google Custom Search on the left side of home page: http://www.beesource.com/ is your best bet. This is exactly the same search as you get by using a normal Google search, but the results are specifically limited to just Beesource.

If you want to search for posts involving a specific Beesource member, use the forum Advanced Search, instead: http://www.beesource.com/forums/sear...?search_type=1
    The link is to the "Search Single Content Type" and works better than the Multiple Content tab. But this search feature has no advantage if you are not looking for a posts by a specific member, and the Google Custom Search search is a better choice in that case.

Also, the specific value of advanced search results returned are greatly affected by the "Show Results as Posts" button in the "Additional Options" box near the bottom of the page. The default is "Threads", not "Posts", but "Posts" are more useful when looking for results from a specific member.
    -- Victor Hugo -- "Common sense is in spite of, not the result of, education.

Plenty of members have issues with posting photos. It seems to me to be somewhat complicated to resolve/check all the possible issues involves in getting vBulletin to allow members to upload photos. I have got my account setup correctly, but it took some playing around to do so, and I am not particularly qualified to offer advice on how to solve this issue for others via vBulletin settings.

However, some find it easier to finesse this issue by using a free photo host such as Flickr or Photobucket.

To use Photobucket with Beesource, open a free account at Photobucket.com, and upload your photo. Once your photo is uploaded to Photobucket, click on the photo at Photobucket you wish to show us. Look for the box on the right that says "Links to share this photo."

If you wish to display the photo inline on your Beesource post, click in the box next to the one that says "IMG". It should turn yellow and flash "Copied." Then do a paste in the Beesource message you want the photo to appear in. This works best if you place the photo at the start of a new line.

If for some reason you don't want to display the photo directly in you post, but want a link to appear instead, just copy and paste the "Email & IM" code instead of the "IMG" code.

(note the above works for Photobucket as of August 2013. Future revisions of Photobucket may be somewhat changed.)
    -- Victor Hugo -- "Common sense is in spite of, not the result of, education.

Thanks, those are two good ones to add.
    Regards, Barry

Regards, Barry