Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Nice sanctuary you have here......

I would agree that if someone is asking about what sort of treatments work best, it is not courteous to try to convince that person that the whole concept of treatment is in error. Besides, it's very unlikely to change that person's mind. If they're asking about treatments, then they've probably already decided on their personal approach to beekeeping.

I will say that sometimes threads drift, and if you come in to one in mid-rant, you may read something that seems to call for a response that has nothing to do with the original poster's question or intent. That seems to happen constantly in the treatment free "sanctuary" but probably most of us hit the "what's new" icon at the top, and don't pay too much attention to what forum the question appears in.

I've been basically tf from the get go, although I will use OA if I have a major infestation of mites in a hive. However I've worked for a commercial guy and I got to see how he treats and when he treats and for what. I have 3 year old hives that are doing great, never being treated in that time frame. The commercial guy told me I wouldn't have bees in 2 years doing what I was doing, told me I was a frickin bee killing hippy lol My losses are the same as his losses % wise and he even called me last year to come show him how to use OA vapor. My point being, you can learn from both sides of the fence and even if you won't use what you learned, at least you know. No need to chastize someone for doing something different even if theyre a complete half wit.
    Zone 5a @ 4700 ft. High Desert
    Facebook

[QUOTE=beemandan;989898]

About a week ago a beekeeper asked about applying ApiLife Var....and a tf beekeeper chimed in and said no...no....no...you should read Michael Bush's website.

QUOTE]

Is it really preaching to suggest that someone check out other beeks information (TF or not) before applying a chemical to the bees? They weren't necessarily saying no no no go treatment free, were they? Michael bush has in fact used treatments and does have some good insite via his experiments going into treatment free from treatments.. so leading someone to a site that has information based on experience can really only be helpful. I personally think that making an us verses them thing out of it is ridiculous and childish! beekeepers are beekeepers and not a single one of us is doing everything exactly the same. so do what you will and let it harm none! what good does it do to complain about it?

Quote Originally Posted by beemandan View Post
    in the Bee Forum you’ll find a thread posted that the op was asking what treatments people are using.
    To be fair, the OP title was "TREAMENTS".

Last time I checked, anybody could comment on anything. There's just certain things you can't say in certain places. Like you can't talk about politics and religion outside Tailgater. You can't drop the f-bomb. You can't disparage commercials in the commercial forum. And you can't call people names.

So what on earth are you whining about?
    Solomon Parker, Parker Farms, ParkerFarms.biz
    11 Years Treatment-Free, ~25 Colony Baseline

Quote Originally Posted by Solomon Parker View Post
    So what on earth are you whining about?
    As I said earlier...I'm not wringing my hands over the lack of moderation as some do...just suggesting common courtesy.
    Dan www.boogerhillbee.com
    Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards

You seem to be well interested in posting threads that push an anti-TF mindset, and actively defending your presuppositions.

It's hard to tell what your hands are doing from here. They may not be wringing, but watch out for carpal tunnel syndrome.

You seem to be well interested in posting threads that push an anti-TF mindset, and actively defending your presuppositions.
    This particular thread, as I've attempted to remind you was about common courtesy.
    As usual, you continue to be blinded by your agenda...so I'll repeat this as well...for whatever good it is likely to do....it isn't always about you Sol.
    Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards

This particular thread, as I've attempted to remind you was about common courtesy.
    What courtesy are you denied? You even get to whine constantly about not getting your right to say whatever you want!

As usual, you continue to be blinded by your agenda...so I'll repeat this as well...for whatever good it is likely to do....it isn't always about you Sol.
    What are you talking about? It's you in the treatment-free forum complaining that you don't get to talk about treatments in the treatment-free forum. Who is this about?

That statement beautifully captures the feeling that I get all too often when talking about tf.

A small bunch of posters seem to want to actively derail any conversation that leads to either discussion of practical methods or underlying theory. Systematically. And now there's a complaint about one or two posts in the commercial section, using those to try to establish new rules here, under cover of the notion of 'common courtesy', that will better facilitate that process - and distract from tf as a bonus.

All under the laughable title ' nice sanctury' - which attempts to establish the absurd notion that here in the tf section those wishing to discuss tf are left alone to get on with it - something the originator knows very well is a million miles from reality.

Mike (UK)
    Anti-husbandry: Medication + Reproduction = Continuing Sickness
    http://www.suttonjoinery.co.uk/CCD/

What courtesy are you denied? You even get to whine constantly about not getting your right to say whatever you want!

Sol….I’m thinkin’ that your memory is failing. This isn’t the first time I’ve had to remind you to reread the original post.

What are you talking about? It's you in the treatment-free forum complaining that you don't get to talk about treatments in the treatment-free forum. Who is this about?
    It’s ok….I can go ahead and spoonfeed it to you.

. No mention of treatments allowed. And that is fine with me. I’m simply asking if people with other beliefs should be allowed to engage in a dialog anywhere on Beesource? Or do you have your sanctuary and everyone else is fair game?

Quote Originally Posted by mike bispham View Post
    A small bunch of posters seem to want to actively derail any conversation
    Hahahahahahaha….whew…..hahahahaha….you got to stop….it’s too early in the morning for this lunacy…..hahaha…HAW…HAW…HAW. You accusing anyone about derailing a thread…….HAW….ooooohhhhh……HAW

Hahahahahahaha….whew…..hahahahaha….you got to stop….it’s too early in the morning for this lunacy…..hahaha…HAW…HAW…HAW. You accusing anyone about derailing a thread…….HAW….ooooohhhhh……HAW
    When you've been caught red-handed - distract distract distract. That looks very much like forced laughter to me. Is that the best you can do?

Do remember - we're not talking about me derailing threads at this point. We're talking about you pushing your anti-tf mindset here in the tf section. And trying to water down the rules under cover of talk about 'common courtesy' (haha) to enable you to do so more effectively.

What we're talking about is the fundamental discourtesy of your constant interruptions, your 'denial of service' attacks on the space that was set aside for discussion of non-treatment beekeeping.

Its that fundamental discourtesy that is the source of 90% of all the tension that occurs here.

And you are taking the wholly artificial position of pretending that doesn't occur, in order to try to facilitate more of it. You are not merely pretending it doesn't happen, you are trying to establish that as a 'fact' by characterising this place in terms of a 'sanctuary'.

You are actively distorting the realities to suit your agenda. And this is 'courteous' behaviour?

Mike (UK)
    Last edited by mike bispham; 09-07-2013 at 04:23 AM.
    Anti-husbandry: Medication + Reproduction = Continuing Sickness
    http://www.suttonjoinery.co.uk/CCD/