Default Nobull be yard report

Hive one; seven open Queen cells some open brood lots of capped brood and I could not find a Queen anywhere!

Hive two; one medium super packed with honey, second medium super two thirds drawn comb. Top brood box outside frames capped honey eight center frames nice circle of stores with various ages of brood, from tiny grubs to capped brood. Stole two frames that I hope had eggs and brood and added them to the cut out hive. Lower brood box third frame in had a beautiful BIG Queen so I closed up.

Hive three; found a small ball bees on the bottom board and a very tattered Queen inside. She raced up my arm and either flew away are disappeared! I think she was the small after swarm Queen I tried to give to them last night. I checked everywhere and could not find another Queen nor any signs of Queen cells. So this cut out hive now has four deep frames from other hives (two added today) four deep frames of foundation and a medium super with five frames from the cut out and three of foundation.

Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Feel free to tell me what I did wrong or what I should've done or what you would've done.

Thanks Nobull56

Default Re: Nobull be yard report

On your hive 3, are the frames covered with bees? From this description it sounds like you might have too much comb for the amount of bees--only a small ball of bees?
    Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. Prvb 16:24
    March 2010; +/- 30 hives, TF

Default Re: Nobull be yard report

I did leave the nurse bees on the robbed combs. Hope there are enough to keep it all going.

The small ball was away from all the other bees, they were balling the queen I put in last night.