Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

queen cells with good brood...why?

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  David LaFerney 
#1 ·
i do realize that bees will be bees, but again i have found queen cells, this time about 10, nearly all are capped over. within the hive is a good full frame brood patterns with 5 deep frames both sides covered. No. I did not spot the queen, plenty of room for expansion, good flow right now, 3 deeps, top is empty foundationless frames. i know they don't need a reason, but am curious for info. if it was june i would try making some nucs, but this is Wisconsin, 8/20

#3 ·
possible but seemed to be brood in various stages. how quick can they build and seal a queen cell?? just cause i didn't see her doesn't mean she isn't there. case in point for all to learn..i am no pro but can find queens when looking for them. the hive next to the one in question, while spreading frames i spotted the queen heading to the bottom of the frame, i picked it up and looked for her, nothing, maybe she dropped the lower box. i went through both those boxes twice and never found her. she taught me a lesson. gotta love it!!

#10 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.