Default Hello from Cedar Creek, Texas!

My wife and I made the move from the city to the country last year, to get into a healthier life. We had an interest in raising bees, and found that we could also get an agricultural exemption for beekeeping. Originally, the plan was to get some outside help from the fellow who hooked us up with the hives, but it's becoming apparent that the bulk (read: all) of the work will fall to us, so I'm here to learn everything I can. We have nine hives that were set up last month, two have colonies in them, and those bees are currently raiding the hummingbird feeders along with everything else they can find. We have plans to have some crops and some chickens, but that is looking like a spring plan. Anyhow, I'm glad to be here and looking forward to meeting up with folks who have already learned what I need to know.

Jay

Default Re: Hello from Cedar Creek, Texas!

Welcome to the forum Jaybo. You will be able to find anything you need to know on here. Some one will have an answer for you...

Welcome jaybo, This is a great place to learn about beekeeping, use the search box in the top right hand of your screen to search for topics that you wish to learn about or click the forum button at the top left and then read to your hearts content.

Glad to have you aboard.
    Bill...in Southeast Ohio Zone 6A

Welcome Jay!
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com

Welcome Jay! This is a great place to meet bee people and talk bees

Welcome to Beesource!

----------------------------------------------
    This comment may be premature or appear complicated for a brand new member, but perhaps not. Beesource offers a variety of search options, but there are significant differences.

Note there are two primary ways to effectively search Beesource. If you want info on a topic, but aren't searching for a specific member, the Google Custom Search on the left side of home page: http://www.beesource.com/ is your best bet. This is exactly the same search as you get by using a normal Google search, but the results are specifically limited to just Beesource.

If you want to search for posts involving a specific Beesource member, use the forum AdvancedSearch, instead: http://www.beesource.com/forums/sear...?search_type=1

The link is to the "Search Single Content Type" and works better than the Multiple Content tab. But this search feature has no advantage if you are not looking for a posts by a specific member, and the Google search is a better choice in that case.

Also, the specific value of advanced search results returned are greatly affected by the "Show Results as Posts" button in the "Additional Options" box near the bottom of the page. The default is "Threads", not "Posts", but "Posts" are more useful when looking for results from a specific member.
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft