Thread: breeder queens

Default breeder queens

who sells known survivor breeder queens? That have been proven successful.

Default Re: breeder queens

treatment free member listing posting on treatment free subforum
    Lawrence Heafner
    15 hives; 15 years; TF for 10; Zone 7B

Does it matter what bee type you are looking for?
    Or just any survivor queen type will do?
    Don't mix foreign bees into a virgin hive. She might get balled 100% of the time! When will you ever learn, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by beepro View Post
    Does it matter what bee type you are looking for?
    Or just any survivor queen type will do?
    depends, mine are weaver Italians that have been chemical free 16 yrs. I have some carnaolian also. what do you have? Tell me about them.

This is my ad from last spring, but it will be pretty much the same for 2017.

I sell overwintered, open mated breeder quality queens, usually available early May if temps are good for shipping in both locations.

Photos and details here:
    http://www.beesource.com/forums/show...-Summer-queens

These late summer mated queens are usually overwintered in small colonies and evaluated in spring for early growth, health and vigor.
    They have been grafted from generations of my proven brood stock so I have confidence in their productiveness and traits. IF you want more 'proven' breeders, I have queens that have overwintered twice and have been used for grafting the previous year, but most folks want a breeder that will have more longevity and are satisfied with an overwintered queen or a current year breeder select. Current year breeder select are 'pick of the litter' and the quality I generally would keep for myself.

Another option is a batch of virgins out of one of my older 3 or 4 year old breeders.

I do have more details about the Latshaw Carniolans and the Pol-Lines now that they are going into their second and third winters. I will update that info when I place my new ad.

The Glenns and Mountain line are the same as the old ad states. They will have wintered here for 6 years.

I am three hours from the Canadian border, three hours from the Pacific coast.

My facebook Agricultural page is only about my bees, queen rearing and management in my cool wet climate. It has about 4 years of posts and photos, all taken and written by myself. (No shared internet stuff) You should be able to scroll through it and get a good feel for what I have going on here so you can choose with confidence.

https://www.facebook.com/Miller-Comp...6954971040510/

No more shipping this year. Let me overwinter them for you.

I start taking orders for queens and nucs late November after late archery buck.

P5111000.jpg
    Last edited by Lauri; 08-28-2016 at 06:24 PM.

Sorry, I do not have any queens available now.
    Still growing my hive number. I'm asking to give you the right
    referral. Ebay should have some of the Caucasian and others by doing a search.
    I only keep the allogrooming, vsh and survivor queens here. Mainly they are the
    Cordovan-Italians and carnis from the local bee association drones. Good luck in finding one!
    Don't mix foreign bees into a virgin hive. She might get balled 100% of the time! When will you ever learn, huh?

Lauri's queens are mostly canis stock.

Quote Originally Posted by dennis crutchfield View Post
    who sells known survivor breeder queens? That have been proven successful.
    Dan from http://www.wildernessbees.com/ is great