Default Planting Goldenrod

I would like to plant some bee friendly plants this fall. I have durana white clover already, have just ordered sweet yellow clover. I would like to plant some goldenrod on powerline right of way next to my property. What varieties are best for the GIRLS and which ones will grow best here in middle georgia zone 7b?? Thanks for your help???

Default Re: Planting Goldenrod

well, I do know that goldenrod being a perennial will not flower the first year from seed, as the same is for sweet clovers. I planted purple tansy/lacy phacilia. They loved it and can be planted 2 to 3 times a year. Plus is a major source of nectar and pollen for the girls. I gave up on the perennials and planting them and went to all sunflowers and purple tansy.

I spread Goldenrod seed around. I do not know the names of the different types of goldenrod, so I observe which plants honey bees work, and spread the seed of those plants. My bees are not interested in the early goldenrod that I see in my area of VA. It appears that they work all of the later blooming types.

You can buy goldenrod seed? I thought g-rod planted itself.
    Mark Berninghausen
    The answers are the end. The questions are the journey. Journey on.

theres a market for goldenrod seed? wow, if so I will be rich! lol just kidding ..
    wait for it to go to seed..cut heads into sack and spread it.. goldenrod is a native and evasive weed..your bees will find it

yes you can buy the seeds. just so many varieties dont know which one to get? If I could find some growing here I would do what you said and sow the seeds? Guess I will know it if I see some goldenrod?? Thanks for your help!