Angry Hive swarmed checked, No Virgin Queen, NEED HELP

I am a Newbie at bee-keeping and I was kind of worried about my hive when they swarmed two weeks ago. A week prior to them swarming I removed all queen cells, probably bad timing. I checked my hive today and went through all frames, did not see any new eggs but did see new bees emerging. I did notice several queen cells. Should I wait to see if they raise a new queen or what and do I leave all queen cells or just one. I've read you should order one because of being less aggressive. I need help please.

Default Re: Hive swarmed checked, No Virgin Queen, NEED HELP

Welcome,How much brood in how many frames?
    As you know now removing swarm cells does not stop swarming. Do not leave just one cell, they do not all hatch and the bees deal with multiple queens in their own way. If you want to try a new queen do it for that reason, not a given that she will be more or less aggressive.
    Multiple hives are insurance. I would use any bought queen to start a nuc. Myself, I would use the queen cells to start 2 nucs.
    Do not know Virginia, but probably not too late with feeding to make 2 nucs depending on the answer to the first question. Virginians?
    4 yrs, Peak 14, back to zip, T lite; godfather to brother's 3.

If you still have queen cells they should be capped and ready to emerge, the queen will be out before you can get a purchased queen through the mail. A virgin is hard to find in a full size colony so don't look her for another 2 weeks, she should be laying by then and you can find eggs/larvae. A swarm queen can be as good or better than a purchased queen so give her a chance. Next year I would start a second colony, it would be insurance against loosing all your bees due to a queen failure.

Once a colony has queen cells started (cells not cups) the only sure way to stop a swarm is to make a split using the original queen. The original colony should have a frame with 1, or some say 2, queen cells on it and the others should be cut out. If you do not remove the other cells often the bees will cast a swarm with each virgin as she emerges and the colony dwindles to nothing.

I will try the nucs, I think I still have time to feed and establish. I have learned a lot from the first year, but I need more experience. Thank you very much.

My intentions this winter is to build another hive for next Spring. I will look for her in a couple of weeks. Thank you very much.

I am guilty of answering without asking enough questions. Why did they swarm? Did they run out of space because of too many bees or too much feed? How many boxes? how many capped stores? Are the hatching frames being backfilled with stores?
    4 yrs, Peak 14, back to zip, T lite; godfather to brother's 3.

Just want to let you know that I checked today for a new laying queen. I did not see her but saw some eggs and larvae so I know I have a queen. The Only question I have is about the amount, don't know if it is the time of the year or what but why is it that I have very few eggs and Larvae? It looks like they are filling the most all of the frames with honey. Thanks

Turner it can take a new queen upwards of two weeks to get into full egg production. She will start with a small patch on two facing sides or she might just scatter eggs all over the place. Sometimes she will lay multiple eggs in cells with empty space near by. Just be patient.
    Dave