Default Where to buy Equipment???

I've been buying the majority of my bee supplies from Mann Lake for the past five years, but the last few times they have been nothing but miserable to deal with! They have messed up big orders, have not had basic things in stock when it's their slow season, and recently said it would take 3 weeks to give me a basic refund!

My question is; is there any bee supply companies out there that have good prices like Mann Lake, and free or very reasonable shipping?

There's a few companies that have okay prices, but the cost of shipping is ridiculous.

I'm Northern California if that helps.

Roy

Default Re: Where to buy Equipment???

Quote Originally Posted by anythingbees View Post
    I've been buying the majority of my bee supplies from Mann Lake for the past five years, but the last few times they have been nothing but miserable to deal with! They have messed up big orders, have not had basic things in stock when it's their slow season, and recently said it would take 3 weeks to give me a basic refund!

My question is; is there any bee supply companies out there that have good prices like Mann Lake, and free or very reasonable shipping?

There's a few companies that have okay prices, but the cost of shipping is ridiculous.

I'm Northern California if that helps.

Roy
    Hello Roy
    My name is Eric Foster and I manage the Woodland Mann Lake branch. We always strive to give good service and I want to make sure you're take good care of. Having to wait 3 weeks for a refund is certainly not our policy - we attempt to expedite all refunds. There are situations where refunds are not immediate, most often being when the purchase was paid for with a check. Shoot me a PM with the details and I'll certainly make sure that you're taken care of in regards to the refund. Also, please give me the details of the other issues you brought up regarding messed up big orders and I can address those as well.

I've been ordering from Mann Lake in California also for a few years, many different orders there and other operations. In my opinion they are the absolute best at getting me top quality merchandise, reasonably priced, quickly shipped for free with out any screw ups ever. I would try some of the others out and compare their service with Mann Lake and I think you will appreciate them more. I can't explain why you experienced the trouble but I'm sure it was an rare aberration. What did Mann Lake tell you when you contacted them about this?
    I see this is your first post anythingbees, did you come aboard just to voice your displeasure?
    If you only have a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.
    Abraham Maslow

Quote Originally Posted by dynemd View Post
    I've been ordering from Mann Lake in California also for a few years, many different orders there and other operations. In my opinion they are the absolute best at getting me top quality merchandise, reasonably priced, quickly shipped for free with out any screw ups ever. I would try some of the others out and compare their service with Mann Lake and I think you will appreciate them more. I can't explain why you experienced the trouble but I'm sure it was an rare aberration.
    I see this is your first post anythingbees, did you come aboard just to voice your displeasure?
    We appreciate the kind words dynemd and I can tell you that we honestly and sincerely attempt to give old fashioned, high quality service to our customers whether they are hobbyists, commercial beekeepers or someone in between. I have not heard back from Roy (it's only been a few minutes) but in researching this case it seems this was a website order paid for via paypal. Roy needed to remove some items from his order and due to that, was due a refund. The items not available were out of stock for less than a week (cardboard nuc boxes that we were out of due to a design change). Those cardboard nucs have already been shipped to him and he was made aware that they were going to be shipped today when his mother called this morning. He was also informed through his mother that his refund would be processed today (not in three weeks). We do not have control over how quickly paypal credits money to a persons checking or savings account but I am very certain that refund will be in his account within a day or two. I am sorry Roy that you have a bad taste in your mouth for Mann Lake and we would love to keep you as a customer and show you how committed we are to giving great service. If you choose to shop with a different vendor, there are certainly a number that offer great service and I am friends with and think highly of many of them.

In my experience prior to working for the company, Mann Lake always fixed any issue we had.
    Last edited by Bombus_perplexus; 02-08-2016 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombus_perplexus View Post
    In my experience, Mann Lake has always fixed any issue I have rather promptly.
    Good to hear.

However, in an earlier thread you posted ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombus_perplexus View Post
    I work for Mann Lake and can guarantee you that our dimensions are industry standard.

Others reading this thread may wish to consider that you are a Mann Lake employee.
    Graham
    . . . . . . "those who want to see, can see". - - [Oldtimer - 2016]

The joy of employed owned, or in this case I personal have always had good ole fashioned service & products.
    Please excuse me, I am now free to go manage & treat :)
    my ladies the best way I know how.

I don't work for, own, or have anything to do with Mann Lake...except buy from them. I tend to bunch my purchases to get over that $100 threshold for free shipping. There are also times that I wish I could get the total purchase down closer to $100 also.

I've never had a problem with any dealings with Mann Lake, as a matter of fact, I've got to get my stuff together for another order real soon.

I have had nothing but great service and excellent products from Mann Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Rader Sidetrack View Post
    Good to hear.

However, in an earlier thread you posted ...

Others reading this thread may wish to consider that you are a Mann Lake employee.
    That's true, but I wasn't ALWAYS an employee. I've only been there since April, but my business partner bought most of our previous bee keeping stuff from them and they always took care of us.

I do not work for them either, and I have always been very pleased with their service and products. One time several years ago, I ended up with one piece of equipment that had a slight problem, and they were more than fair in taking care of it. I have not, and will not hesitate to order from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim KS View Post
    I don't work for, own, or have anything to do with Mann Lake...except buy from them. I tend to bunch my purchases to get over that $100 threshold for free shipping. There are also times that I wish I could get the total purchase down closer to $100 also.

I've never had a problem with any dealings with Mann Lake, as a matter of fact, I've got to get my stuff together for another order real soon.
    Same for me. Every order I have made has been quick, correct, and well priced.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim KS View Post

Same here - it is hard to beat the free shipping. Kelley and Brushy Mtn. ship free over $150, so if it is a big order, I shop around. The only thing I really don't purchase from Mann Lake are smokers (but how many of those do you buy in a year). The Dadant tall smoker is my favorite - so I will even pay the shipping for it.

Consider Shastina millworks. I like their equipment just fine. Even like the pine they use.
    ...We don't see things as they are, we see things as WE are...