Default installing a new queen

I need some more advise please. I'll be installing a new queen in a hive is currently in one deep and 2 medium boxes. The current queen never moved into the 1st medium. Both mediums are mostly honey. My question is do I install her in the top medium or do I need to remove the 2 mediums and install her in the bottom deep then replace the mediums back on top? Thanks for your advice.

Default Re: installing a new queen

Put the new queen in the lowest brood box after killing the old queen.
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com

Default Re: installing a new queen

First of all why are you replacing the old queen? If there is enough room in the brood box (bottom box) for her to lay there is no need for her to move up. If you do re queen you do need to install her in the bottom box though. I have heard of beeks sliding the new queen in the front entrance and leaving her on the hive bottom until the bees release her to avoid tearing the hive down. Personally I have never tried this because it isn't that difficult to just remove the supers and drop her between a couple of frames in the brood box, but you will have to tear the hive down again in 4 or 5 days to make sure she has been released. Besides all of that, if the old queen is still in the hive you will have to tear it down anyway to find the old queen.