Default Fair Price for "Low" Quality Beeswax

I had a lady reach out to me today, wishing to purchase beeswax. I have a few pounds melted down that I doubt I'll use anytime soon. But I don't know what's a fair price.

It is not top of the line quality from honey supers only. It was mostly old brood comb from cutouts or from my own hives that died out for whatever reason. It all has that brownish/yellow hue to it, so not white by any means.

She said she wants it to dabble with making candles. I just briefly read in another thread on here that if it was used for brood comb it has a bad smell to it. I have noticed a smell as I render it down, but I don't know that I would consider it bad. It is not pleasant like lavender or something, but it's not beetle rot repulsive either.

So I know I bought a brick from HObby Lobby one time that was I think about $15/lb. It was premium white beeswax. Is $5/lb for my rough stock too much? Or too little? I'm not looking to get rich, I only have few pounds. But I don't want to just give it away either. After all, I have all the candle making stuff myself, but just haven't used it yet.

So what's the thoughts? What's a fair price to ask based on the conditions?
    After 20 months I'm over a 20 hives and growing. See my videos! http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8fVrmUsyYlRuASdX6UQk1g

Default Re: Fair Price for "Low" Quality Beeswax

$4- $6 lb. is what I have been able to get here for bulk partially filtered solar melter wax. Not much interest in it advertised on Craigslist for $6. A competitor evidently sells cleaner blocks for $4 lb. Mann Lakes trade in price years back was around $2.25. Check with them what it is now.

If the brood comb has been chemically treated that wax should NOT be used for candles, only for industrial use.
    Brood comb, even if not treated, has an unpleasant odor unsuitable for candles imo, but if she still wants it, and knows it might not have a typical sweet beeswax smell, $2.75 per pound is what the supply houses were giving last time I checked, maybe a month or so ago.
    Sheri

>If the brood comb has been chemically treated that wax should NOT be used for candles, only for industrial use.

Are you concerned about the ill effect of bee medicines on persons inhaling the candle smoke?
    Would any chemical survive the temperatures of wax melting and then candle burning and still be harmful?

I steam melted brood combs yesterday and they smelled sweeter and attracted more robbers than my solar melter going all summer melting treatment free cappings.

Beyond the smell, yes, it is possible ill effects I take into account. Most customers prefer beeswax over paraffin due to the perception of "purity" of beeswax. IMO it would be an act of misrepresentation not to fully disclose to a customer any chemicals to which they might be exposing themselves or their children. Given the amount of "exposure" of the average candle burner it might be an overabundance of caution to be concerned but I know what my customers would say and I proceed accordingly.

As for smell, maybe the percentage of brood to cappings wax, whether bees die on the comb, the age of comb or perhaps even the medications themselves all help to determine how badly the wax smells, and perhaps it is just more repulsive to me but when the occasional customer comes in wanting to sell predominant brood comb wax, even when it is a pretty nice color, the smell is a dead give away. YMMV.
    Sheri