Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Rubber Spatulas

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Santa Fe, NM

    Default Rubber Spatulas

    Does anyone know where to purchase a long handled rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of my honey bottling tanks. Walter Kelly has one in their catalog but it looks to be all plastic and not rubber ended. I have looked around in the commercial restaurant supply stores but haven't been able to find one. Something with a 36" handle would be ideal. I know I could make something up but would rather purchase.
    "Tradition becomes our security, and when the mind is secure it is in decay".....Krishnamurti

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Whitley City, KY, USA

    Default Re: Rubber Spatulas

    Longest one I could find is about 15-16 inches long, came from a commercial restaurant supply. Do not remember the name of the place.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Silicon Valley, CA

    Default Re: Rubber Spatulas

    Purchase a plastic window squeegee. Roughly $4....
    dip the head into heated cooking oil, to soften the plastic and then bend against the side of your tank to get a perfect fit -- assuming that you want to push the head down the side of the tank.

    Personally, I just use the straight edge with the stiff rubber and go around the tank. You get 99% of the honey in a vertical line and it slides to the bottom.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Nowthen,Minnesota, USA

    Default Re: Rubber Spatulas

    Check out I found several options when I searched for 'scraper'.
    -Phil Domeier


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts