Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Default Re: Products like Mann Lake Ultra bee.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Jarrett View Post
    you EVER plan on walking in my shoes you best eat your Wheaties!

Quote Originally Posted by Rader Sidetrack View Post
    Keith, apparently you are not so busy that you still have time to read Beesource.
    You should be glad there are still experts such as Mr. Jarret that go on this forum and teach yall a lesson or two on beekeeping. If you actually pay attention then you could learn A LOT.

@Keith Jarrett:

I was just wondering where to buy Nutra-Bee? I can't seem to find it on any of the usual suppliers' sites, or am I just blind, as usual? (And I apologize in advance if this has already been asked and answered!)

Thanks.

Rusty
    Rusty Hills Farm -- home of AQHA A Rusty Zipper & Rusty's Bees ( LC and T)

> You obviously do not know what commercial beekeeping is and how hard it is to take a pic when every minute is worth lots.

The context that Keith made his analysis of Lauri's photo was not, IMO, as a commercial beekeeper. I will bet that most readers saw Keith's comment in the context of Keith being the owner/chief marketing officer of Nutra-Bee, a sub producer. His signature line on every post clearly promotes Nutra-Bee. Beekeeper vs sub manufacturer are two significantly different roles.

Keith was critiquing a sub recipe. As I said earlier, If Keith chooses to post aggressive comments about sub recipes or sub competitors, he should expect to get flack when those comments are not carefully explained. Go back and read the relevant portion of the thread. You can clearly see that Keith was not prepared to explain/document his critique, and seemed surprised when asked to do so.
    Last edited by Rader Sidetrack; 08-20-2013 at 06:51 AM.
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Hills Farm View Post
    @Keith Jarrett:

I was just wondering where to buy Nutra-Bee?
    I think it is readily available in California. That may change as soon as Keith gets caught up. lol
    4 yrs, Peak 14, back to zip, T lite; godfather to brother's 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltybee View Post
    I think it is readily available in California. That may change as soon as Keith gets caught up. lol
    Thanks, Salty! Since I am nowhere near California, I guess I won't be finding it any time soon. Ah, well. It was a good idea.

Rusty
    Rusty Hills Farm -- home of AQHA A Rusty Zipper & Rusty's Bees ( LC and T)

>

The context that Keith made his analysis of Lauri's photo was not, IMO, as a commercial beekeeper. I will bet that most readers saw Keith's comment in the context of Keith being the owner/chief marketing officer of Nutra-Bee, a sub producer. His signature line on every post clearly promotes Nutra-Bee. Beekeeper vs sub manufacturer are two significantly different roles.

You are making poor assumptions. Most people on this forum know that Keith is a reputable commercial beekeeper.

> [COLOR=#333333]
    Keith was critiquing a sub recipe. As I said earlier, If Keith chooses to post aggressive comments about sub recipes or sub competitors...
    I was following this thread and did not see any aggressive comments. Keith posted replies on how to make the sub more nutritional and apparently that offended you so you start throwing unnecessary comments.

The context that Keith made his analysis of Lauri's photo was not, IMO, as a commercial beekeeper. I will bet that most readers saw Keith's comment in the context of Keith being the owner/chief marketing officer of Nutra-Bee, a sub producer. His signature line on every post clearly promotes Nutra-Bee.
    Analyis of Lauri photo, dry........
    I'm sorry that creates to much hoopla.

I also find it funny I get thrown under the bus for only selling to the big boys( by the pallet) than get accused of conflict of interest on beesource from the small boys. Surley can't win around here. lol
    NUTRA-BEE feed supplements

Surley can't win around here. lol
    If you want to be a beesource winner...

Post the secret recipe
    No fancy, hard to get ingredients and it should be under $.25 per pound packed with bioflavonoids and gluten free. You want us to take you seriously and you don't even have a Nutra-Bee pollen sub girl of the month calendar.

I hear that little voice that is saying 'Don't post'
    But here is my entry for November for the Nutra Bee Calendar...A good display of Full spectrum amino acids

(If this is too graphic for viewing, let me know and I'll remove it. Don't want to offend anyone)
    Last edited by Lauri; 08-21-2013 at 02:54 PM.

More math
    Venison profile......
    Tryptophan 0.5g -
    Threonine 2.3g -
    Isoleucine 2.6g -
    Leucine 4.6g -
    Lysine 4.9g -
    Methionine 1.4g -
    Cystine 0.6g -
    Phenylalanine 2.3g -
    Tyrosine 1.9g -
    Valine 2.9g -
    Arginine 3.6g -
    Histidine 1.8g

Really, you hunt with a back tension release? Bit of OCD mixed with your overachiever tendencies?

Naw, that's the 'Just Cuz' Carter release. Thumb trigger. I can punch that baby any time I want.

RS, do you have any Ideal who you are talking too ....!
    From your thread post..someone who knows a lot about bees..and certainly someone I can benefit from following most posts. I, and likely others, have no idea what is good jelly around a larva and what is a dry one. When your days become more manageable I hope you will revisit this thread and post a dry example next to a good example.

Thanks so much...glad I don't have to start at 3 AM

Unless there is the info for a source where I can get single tubs of Nutra Bee this coming spring, I'm not reading through this 11 pages of cattle patty. I didn't get replies to my emails and IMs sent this last spring when I was trying to buy Nutra Bee. Until it comes available in small orders, the bees are taking Bee Pro just fine.

Not graphic enough Lauri, I don't see any bites taken out of that heart.

Lol. This thread is little more than some overblown egos arguing how many angles can dance on the head of pin. Classic Internet gibberish.
    --shinbone
    (3rd year, 14 hives, Zone 5b, 5400 ft, 15.8" annual rainfall)

I ate it alright, the best part of the deer. But slice it thin, shake in Progresso Italian crumbs and fry in olive oil first...

I did try a bite of a fresh Elk liver out in the field, though. It was tastless and tough. A very small bite I should add.

Sorry to get offf topic, Barry. Won't happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by shinbone View Post
    Lol. This thread is little more than some overblown egos arguing how many angles can dance on the head of pin. Classic Internet gibberish.
    I found this thread very helpful. Lots of good info here. I don't make my own subs at this point but I learned a lot of what to look for. I'm on the east coast and can't access Keith's product. But I find him quite helpful if you're willing to dig a little, same for Joe and their interchange was very interesting to me. I wouldn't disclose my formula if I were Keith or Joe either. Lots of study, experimentation and tweaking to get where they are with their products. Those who expect them to disclose their formulas are dreaming or very poor business people. Little beekeepers are more forthcoming but they don't make part of their income from sales. I have found both Keith and Joe very helpful in the past when I've reached out to them. No "overblown egos" there. Just a hell of a lot of knowledge that people should shut up and listen to IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by camero7 View Post
    But I find him quite helpful if you're willing to dig a little, same for Joe and their interchange was very interesting to me.
    Thanks for the kind words Camero7, you perrty much nailed what I was attempting to do. I am knowed for being a little short & to the point, it's not meant to be rude, it's just who I am.

My vision was to inform folks on what to look for & how to do some simple math, for either making or buying sub. I hope some keepers here now are a little better informed to make better chioces going foward with pollen sub feeding.
    P.S. knowledge is power.
    NUTRA-BEE feed supplements

Taste test results on a single hive; mine 2o% soy,20% brewers, 60% sugar for dry mix, little egg yolk, corn oil and veg oil. one patty with apple cider vinegar one without. Slight perference for the with vinegar.
    Nutr -bee mixed with 60% added sugar. Visably finer ground than mine. Much greater consumption, easy ten times more. Nutra -bee is the only brand I 've tried so I have no other data.

Results for a one hive, 3 day consumption test. Mine is not even a dog food to steak comparison in the eyes of the bees.

Anyone else done a same hive comparison with different subs.
    4 yrs, Peak 14, back to zip, T lite; godfather to brother's 3.

I really am blown away by this post, tons of great information from what has to be over a combined century of knowledge, Lauri, incredible pics and I'm taking your recipe to heart. Keith, I enjoy your videos and pay close attention to what you say in the forums, I am amazed by your operation. That being said; post a flipping picture of wet brood. There is no way a guy with your experience and products has NOT taken pics of his brood...good God!
    It takes a family to raise a family, it takes a village to really screw that up... Djei5

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast