Default Queen not laying

About two weeks ago I started to see queen cells in my hive and couldn't locate the queen anywhere, still not sure what happened to her. I purchased a new queen and added her to the hive 1 week ago today. Performed an inspection today and the queen looks healthy and normal however doesn't seem to be laying eggs. Could she just be adjusting to the hive or is there something else that could be happening??

Default Re: Queen not laying

welcome bf!

did you get the queen locally or by mail? was she caged and if so do you know when she was released?

eggs are hard to see sometimes, but if you don't have any in the next few days i would be contact the supplier and let them know.
    journaling the growth of a treatment free apiary started in 2010. 20+/- hives

It can take upwards of a week or two for a new queen to get in the mood, and then the eggs are for all intents and purposes invisible as far as I'm concerned (I know they're not, but when I'm trying to look past a wall of bees into a cell thats still light in color, while trying not to sit around scratching my butt with an open hive, they're small enough that I don't spot them easily). Then it takes day or two for the larva to get big enough to be easily noticed, so I wouldn't worry too much. As long as you've got a queen in there, you should be fine.
    Beekeeper since 2013. Read my bee blog at:
    http://harrisonbayhoney.blogspot.com

Thanks Guys! I'll keep my eye on her over the next week or so and post an update here in a week.