Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

my bees love this

5K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Connie1 
#1 ·
but I have no idea what it is??? Bought 4 of them on sale and they didn't have tags...any ideas? View attachment 7279

#7 ·
My wife just brought home a couple of these also from Lowe's, they are Tango Hyssop (Agastache "Tango"), they are part of the mint family (square stems) except they have an anise smell rather than a mint smell. I really like these myself, seems like the flowers are kind of deep for the honeybees to reach though, but you say your bees are on them? Another advantage is that rabbits and deer won't touch them because of the strong smell, yippie!

#8 ·
On a similar note, if you like the plant in question above, you'll want to get yourself some "Hummingbird Mint" also, the plants leaves and flowers look virtually identical to the Tango Hyssop but it gets twice as tall at least and very bushy (if planted in full sun) with loads of flowers that have a very long bloom time, and have a couple different colors of flowers on the same plant. You will love this plant I promise.

#10 · (Edited)
I had to go out to smell them lol...they do have a minty smell to them Each plant has 3 colors to it, purple, pink and yellow and it does look like a honeysuckle of sorts. I bout 4 and haven't taken them out of the pots because I wanted to find out more...if they would come back or re-seed. Bumble bees butterflies and sweat bees like them too

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.