Default Until they find a cure..

My friends,

I know that i haven't been on in a while--I even left my beekeeping channel up in the air. But after over a year of tests and medications and all that rot the doctors have determined that that I have a form or Psoriatic Arthritis that for some odd reason reacts negatively to sunlight. Normally Psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis patients do well with sunlight and UV light but for me it flares everything up if I am out in it for more than 20 minutes. It's sad really but while I love beekeeping I won't be able to continue. I will finish up my channel with some how to's but other than that I am going to leave it up for any beginner to watch.

I truly appreciate all the advice I got from here and I hope everyone the best. I will be selling some of my stuff on Ebay so if you want the bee suit then just PM and I will direct you. Believe me and ultrabreeze suit is an awesome beekeeping suit.

Take care all.

Default Re: Until they find a cure..

I am very sorry to hear of your diagnosis. I hope you are not in large amounts of pain and discomfort, and hope your heart is not in anguish over giving up the beekeeping.

Saddened to hear that you are suffering.

it really sucks for sure. I have had to give up quite a few things because of all of this. Beekeeping was my dad and I 's pass time. Most dads and sons play sports or go fishing... we would take care of bees and research. At least I still have pyro (making fireworks) and video games. No sun in that. I know the meds they use to control it is even more fun...

I have a friend that has Lupus, and has the same reaction to sunlight. I wish you well.

Funny thing is they aren't for sure that it's lupus... Just keep getting told it's psoriatic arthritis with some lupus symptoms. Funny thing is a person I use to work with in the Navy has the same exact symptoms but they say she has lupus with psoriatic symptoms. Never know with doctors these days... but I guess once they figure out why we both are reacting the same way they will find a way to control it with meds that don't have worse side effects than the disease itself.