Thread: Drone Worms?

Question Drone Worms?

Okay, one day we found a drone on the ground, going in circles. Normally Drones get out of the hive in fall, not late spring. We saw it had a brown circle on it's head, one of it's eyes was gone. We kinda took care of it and in a few days it died (possibly of starvation, Drones can't feed themselves). What is it? My brother theorises it may be a worm, but no known worm infests bees. Help, Please!

Default Re: Drone Worms?

Ok, so my brother got some things wrong here. (Yes, I'm his bro)

WARNING: I like to tell stories, so I write them out, sometimes. For those who like to read them, read Version 1. For those who just want to get to the point, read Version 2 of this post.

Version 1
    We found a drone in late spring going in circles, as C-horsB said. I don't remember the brown circle, but who knows? We took care of him for a few days. We gave him honey, and I think I know that he did feed himself; I saw him stick out his tongue and lick up the honey. He died after five days (I think he missed his colony*). Well, a week after, we found about four dead drones at the ground next to the entrance to the hive (it's inside an oak tree). My dad picked one up, and we noticed it's eye was hollow. Then, another Drone fell out of the hive. We picked it up and checked it. Again, it had a hollow eye. It quickly died in my dad's hands. We then noticed movement in it's hollow eye. A tiny, white worm was crawling out of it's eye. And so that's our problem. Could that be the larvae of some sort of parasite?

Version 2
    We started noticing that many drones started dying outside the entrance of the hive (which was in a tree). They all had hollow eyes. One of them we found had a tiny, white worm of some sort crawling out of the hollow eye. So, our question is, what kind of parasite could this be?

I think I left out too much information.

Bruce

I thank you very much Bruce! Thanks! It may Bee the Phlorid fly.

FREAKY.
    May be that. Thanks!

PS: I know this is , but I wonder if there will soon be a human version of this soon. Creepy.

Post Re: Drone Worms?

Can you see this?

Exclamation Re: Drone Worms?

Zeke749 only says that to promote his series, kinda like what I use to do.

How does that promote any of my series?

NO WAY!!!