Default Robbing question

I checked my hives a couple weeks ago and at that time they had what seemed to be an adequate supply of capped honey. It has been a very wet summer in Piedmont North Carolina with fairly heavy rain usually in evening showers every few days. There has seldom been over 2-3 days of dry weather. I have read that dry weather is worse than wet weather??? The bees are really starting to hit the hummingbird feeders now. I assume this is a sign that other sources of food are limited? All hives have a heavy amount of bees bearding on the front of the hives each evening. How would putting robbing screens on the hives affect the bearding? So far I haven't had any robbing as far as I can tell -- here again I work during the day and am concerned that it could start while I am at work and alot of damage could be done before I catch it. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks.

Default Re: Robbing question

http://www.bushfarms.com/beesrobbing.htm

It's certainly easier to avoid robbing than to stop it. But all you really usually need to do with most hives is restrict the entrance with some screen wire, rather than a wood "reducer". This will limit what they have to guard while confusing any robbers.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF