Default Wooden ware from laying worker hive

I started the season with two hives. One is doing great. The second swarmed a couple times. I caught one of the after swarms and waited for the parent hive to requeen. Well, the swarm hive has requeened nicely and now fills a medium box, but the parent hive is now a laying worker hive.

It is too late in the season to try to let the laying worker hive requeen so I would like to shake them out near the small swarm hive so that it acquires more workers. My question is the wooden ware and frame. The swarm hive has 6 of 8 frames filled in their first box. They are ready for a second box especially if they are taking in homeless bees. When I do the shake out should I give them a box if for foundation until the homeless bees are settled in, or can I just drop the boxes from the shake out right onto the swarm hive? Or would it even be a good idea to let the frames from the shaken out hive sit for a day or two to kill the drone brood?

Thanks!

Default Re: Wooden ware from laying worker hive

I just put all the boxes on top of one of the existing hives. They will either let the drones emerge, if they feel the need for drones, or clean them out of they don't.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Thanks, Michael! You are a treasure to this group.

you could do the shake out and leave a new hive body at the old location and let the bees return to that hive then do a newspaper combine with the other hive...might be less fighting to get in. I have done this a few times with success each time....well I will let you know about the last time's success after a few more days.

As I shake them out and clean all the bees off the frames I walk those frames back to the original location and place them in the hive body.