Default 4 shb and 3 larvae in bottom oil trap, how much threat?

Let me first say I am new and have learned a lot from this site. I got a pkg from GA at the end of May. I have had the bottom oil pan on all summer and have had a few beetles in it but today I found 4 beetles and 3 larvae in the trap. The bees have filled 7 frames in one deep since I got them. There are currently eggs and capped and uncapped brood. Today on inspection I noticed bees with there heads in cells like they were eating honey, but when I blew gently on them they were after brood, it looked like they were partially eaten. I do not see any live beetles or larvae and I looked at every frame and inner cover and box. They do have some honey and pollen stored. I have had a jar feeder on continuously. There is not a robbing frenzy. And the bees come out and zip out to forage. I did see one bee crawling on the ground but no k wing. No webs either. Should I do something?

Default Re: 4 shb and 3 larvae in bottom oil trap, how much threat?

Your're all good. Four shb are nothing, this time of year the beetles are flying in from across the countryside. Just as long as they are not producing in the hive your ok. Got a good queen, a good laying pattern and strong population to cover the frames, I would call that good progress. Keep feeding and get the rest of the frames blown out with wax and stores.

Quote Originally Posted by UTvolshype View Post
    Your're all good. Four shb are nothing, this time of year the beetles are flying in from across the countryside. Just as long as they are not producing in the hive your ok. Got a good queen, a good laying pattern and strong population to cover the frames, I would call that good progress. Keep feeding and get the rest of the frames blown out with wax and stores.
    4 beetles is great this time of year, no worries. I wouldn't feed syrup continuously, but some people do.

Ok great, that's what I was thinking but glad to get it confirmed.

I opened my nuc today to add a riser to the lid so I could put in a beetle trap and after a week the lid had easily twice the first time. My little box is full of them and they seem ok. Seem ok since I am a 1 month old bee keeper. It makes me nervous seeing them and I hope my homemade trap works. It's my own design gathering from what I've read. It's what I had on hand. The closest supplier is 60 miles. I plan on going sat. to get some traps.

Gene