Default I've always heard that local honey is good for allergies, but....?

What about bee stings? I'm a new beekeeper and have been stung about 8 times. I'm just wondering if there is common thread between honey and bee stings relieving upper respiratory allergies?

Default Re: I've always heard that local honey is good for allergies, but....?

I have been keeping bees for a year now and consume 2 tbls of honey from my hives a day and I get stung about once a week (not intentional). I have breathing allergies from plants blooming to when they dry up in the fall. The VA says my carpul tunnel problems have now turn into arthritis. But it seems my allergies are not as bad as last year and my hands do not hurt as bad and prevent me from doing things as they did a year ago. Not saying for positive it's the bee stings or the honey consumption but plan to monitor it for another year and see.

Greg

There have been many benefits purported for stings, pollen, propolis etc. Some have some research to back them and some don't. I don't know of any related to stings and allergies. That doesn't mean there aren't any.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

I will tell you it has helped my arthritis in my hands. I don't intentionally get stung, but do take stings fairly often. There is no question, positive effects for me. G
    The Bees are the Beekeepers

I have a horrible time with allergies to all things that bloom. It's particularly hard on me since I farm on the side. I have eaten locally grown honey for many years and it just doesn't do much to help my allergies. I do get a bit of relief immediately after eating honey but the results are short lived.

I have noticed that I do not have problems with my allergies for a day or two after being stung. IMO I don't consider a bee sting to really be a treatment for allergies, I just think that it overloads my immune response or something to that effect.
    The more I learn about bees, the less I know.