I did beekeeping in Eastern Europe for about a decade, and moved back to America last spring. I bought two nucs that I think originated from Texas, and started beekeeping in the USA. In Europe I think I had Italian or German bees or perhaps a cross of these, and I had no idea just how docile these hives were until yesterday. Yesterday I found out how incredibly aggressive my new hives were. I was shocked by how bad they attacked me, got stung probably 40 times through my glove sleeves and suit, arm swollen and sore. Once stirred up they take hours to stop their attack mode, and they followed me hundreds of yards in a cloud, I was stuck in my suit and was still getting stung a lot. I had never felt hatred for bees until yesterday. These bees seemed like killer bees or something, nothing like what I experienced all those years in Europe. I liked beekeeping until yesterday, and I always felt love and kindness toward my hives, but I hate these new bees, they are meaner than hell (why on earth would you American bee breeders sell nucs with insane bees?), I will definitely need to requeen, though I have no idea where I can find some gentler queens here in the U.S., and even if I found a gentler breed of queen, I don't see how I can requeen such a nasty breed of bee, whatever breed they are, I don't see how I can find and kill the the queen if I have a thousand bees attacking me while I am trying to do that. I would hate to destroy the entire hives, that seems wrong to do according to my beekeeper ethic, but I don't want to work with what seem like killer bees. Can anyone give me some suggestions on how to get these two hives regeneticized such that they are docile and kind like the bees I kept in Europe? And again, WHY would American bee breeders ever want to breed and sell such an aggressive strain of bee? Any idea what breed I might have purchased? I assumed they'd be like my friendly European bees, but my God yesterday was like a horror movie...

Thanks
BK