Default Black Worm in Super Cell?

Hi, I recently took the supers off my hive (I put them back on after extraction to allow the bees to clean up the frames) and when I went today (two week s later), I saw this single black worm in one of the cells -- three inches or so long. There wasn't much else as the bees are filling in the hive bodies. A few bees in the super frames and a couple cells filled with nectar, but there was that worm. I tried to look it up and saw nothing, and was wondering if anyone had ever seen something like that? It was pretty gross...I shook it off in the grass...

Default Re: Black Worm in Super Cell?

Strange worm/bug in the hive. I think you can rule out larva from wax moth or SHB. Perhaps a centipede?

http://www.bubblews.com/assets/image...1376394342.jpg
    http://www.whatsthatbug.com/wp-conte...de_latimes.jpg

Perhaps one of the supers was placed on the ground for a moment and the worm gained access to the comb.
    Regards, Barry

It looked like the second photo only shorter and black. That's probably the case.

I saw some worms like you described in my old nuke. They were not centipedes and had no legs at all. I would describe them as flukes. The box has been empty for months but still has some residue from the bees. I should of taken a picture but I killed them all right away. Several of the walls are covered with a black mold which even bleach didn't touch. Ill probably seal it in with kilzs and put it back out. I'm sure ill get some more bees.

Gene

Oh okay. Thank you Gene for your reply!