Default Migratory Bottom Board Designs

I've seen a few post on here where individuals use bottom boards instead of clip pallets. Does anyone have any good pictures or plans for the migratory bottom boards they use? Thank you for you time.

Default Re: Migratory Bottom Board Designs

I copied this design from a migratory beekeeper in my area. The top and bottom boards are exactly the same except for the strip of wood that seals the top (bottom board shown). The thing I like most about the top is you can scoot it back and make a top entrance. The migratory beekeeper uses 1" thick strips of wood for the tops (as opposed to my 3/8" strips) so he can feed pollen patties in the winter.
    DSC00580a.jpg
    DSC00581a.jpg
    DSC00583a.jpg

I didn't use the greatest stock to make this bottom board but it will work well after it's primed and painted.
    DSC00579a.jpg

I had to make the hive body and top/bottoms in a hurry for a cutout I was hired to do.
    Last edited by rwurster; 07-24-2013 at 05:44 PM.
    Zone 5a @ 4700 ft. High Desert
    Facebook

Thanks that's a great idea, I'll have to try that one out.

That's a top and a bottom. All the top covers I've seen like this don't leave the small opening on the top cover. I do that to let out moisture in the winter and the short strip isn't glued, in case I need to knock it off and use the top cover as a bottom board.
    DSC00615a.jpg
    Zone 5a @ 4700 ft. High Desert
    Facebook