Default Got called to a swarm / queenless and angry

I got called to a mall for a swarm that had clustered on the rear security camera of a department store. It's been raining for days and while the original swarm had been around volleyball sized, this is what remained - probably no more than 200-300 bees in two little groups:

BP8tJTGCQAAH47b.jpg

Getting to them involved a ladder out of the bed of a pickup - and when I tried to coax them into the box, they flew all over the place and stung a bunch of people standing on the ground (although not me, and I wasn't suited up - which made me feel like an idiot).

From what I can tell, there's no queen anywhere remaining - the store is annoyed because they can't see - but I've told them that they only really have about a day left on this bunch - especially with more rain coming.

I set a bait hive up in a safe nearby place and put dry sugar and honeycomb into it and dumped the few bees that were hanging in the box into it. They seem to have found it but weren't taking to it in any major way. Is there anything I could do better for these girls?
    HoneyintheRox.wordpress.com
    1 KTBH / 4 Foundationless Lang / 1 Warre

Default Re: Got called to a swarm / queenless and angry

Let them cluster up in groups after dark and vacuum them up.

With them being pissy, it's more important to get them gone than anything else IMHO.

Don

Default Re: Got called to a swarm / queenless and angry

No vacuum access, unfortunately.
    HoneyintheRox.wordpress.com
    1 KTBH / 4 Foundationless Lang / 1 Warre