Default Beginner here, from South Carolina

Hi there,

The names Hunter. I've been crazy about the honeybee since joining a beekeeping club in Beaufort, SC during my college days a couple of years of ago. The bees have been on my mind since, I just haven't had the means to keep them. I still don't have the means, but I want to get involved with the local beekeepers in the Rock Hill/Pineville/Charlotte area to hopefully get the hands-on experience and general knowledge I'll need when it comes time to keep my own.

I picked up "Plan Bee" at my local library and got through that in no time. It was good for general knowledge, but I'm ready for something more in depth. So any recommendations in that regard will be taken with great appreciation.

To those South Carolina beekeepers that wouldn't mind me tagging along, showing me the ropes, I welcome your invitation--and I don't mind helping out with the dirty work.

Good luck with your harvests come September.

Best to all,

Hunter

Default Re: Beginner here, from South Carolina

the SC beekeepers association is holding thier annual summer meeting Friday and Sat this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by beegeorge View Post
    the SC beekeepers association is holding thier annual summer meeting Friday and Sat this weekend
    Yeah, I wanted to make it up to Clemson this weekend but I have to work, unfortunately. Thanks for the reply.

Welcome Hunter! I lived in Beaufort for 2 1/2 years, actually Lady's Island. Those were my Drill Instructor days.
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com

Welcome Hunter are you close to Columbia?
    https://www.facebook.com/stevesbees99
    Please visit my page, Thanks