Thread: Plain sugar

Default Plain sugar

For those that have been in this biz for a long time. Why is plain sugar syrup not made & sold instead of corn syrup?

Default Re: Plain sugar

It is Tom its is called sucrose syrup, only available in FL by the semi load that i know of

i believe you can get it from mann lake also
    but if i were u i would find the sugar and mix yourself ... just a thought

I bought a couple of loads of liquid sucrose this year. The pricing on the sucrose was a bit better than hfcs this spring though there seem to go through it a bit faster.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

my favorite is the hfcs/sucrose blend it puts weight on and stimulates them.

thanks for all the comments. I had to buy sugar from Walmart and just thought there might be a better way. is there a demand for 1-to 1 and shipping problems made it prohibitive?

:Buying sugar syrup premade , you'd be paying a lot for shipping the water part.... :-). ...take a gallon milk jug, with screw on lid, put 5 lbs. of sugar in...fill with HOT tap water...shake..shake....shake....you're done...no mess ..no fuss

Is this the COMMERCIAL forum? One gallon at a time is hardly a solution when you have 1000's of hive to feed. The problem arises when extracting time overlaps feeding time, especially when when snow will fly soon. A premixed scrose solution would surely save time, and in some cases, many hives of bees.

Crazy Roland

Mann Lake does sell it, but you have to buy a truck load. Sugarland is where we get it. I think you have to buy at least 1500 gallons which is half a truck. It is in Sugarland Texas. They have other locations but don't know where they are.