Sad Round 2 of my grafting attempt??

On May 5th I grafted 20 cells. Went in 2 days later and found 14 cells being drawn out. My first attempt I only had 2 out of 10. By my calculations I was going to make my splits today and place the cells tomorrow? I checked the cells yesterday and it looks like one of the cells has already emerged???? Is that even possible??? I had figured these would be emerging on the 17th or so.....did I miscalculate? I'm terrified I'm going to go find my queen cells have been killed.

Dave

Default Re: Round 2 of my grafting attempt??

Are you sure you didn't already have a queen running around in there

Yes I'm sure, I made a split with that queen to make that hive my finisher colony.

Did you check each frame to make sure they didn't have a cell started when you removed the queen?
    Poppy's Bees, Queens, and Honey
    Mammoth Cave, KY

>On May 5th I grafted 20 cells. Went in 2 days later and found 14 cells being drawn out. My first attempt I only had 2 out of 10. By my calculations I was going to make my splits today and place the cells tomorrow?

Correct.

>I checked the cells yesterday and it looks like one of the cells has already emerged???? Is that even possible???

Not unless it's been really hot...

>I had figured these would be emerging on the 17th or so.....did I miscalculate?

No, you did not miscalculate. The 17th would be correct.

> I'm terrified I'm going to go find my queen cells have been killed.

It's one of your cells that you think emerged? They may have torn one down because it wasn't viable. There is sometimes a queen cell already in the hive that you are unaware of that emerges several days earlier than your grafts. I've lost a batch that way several times...
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

I had a whole bar that was grafted on a tuesday emerge on saturday week. Luckily I salvaged enough to take care of what I needed. I had another batch grafted the same day from a different mother in a different cell builder emerging between three to six days later. I'm putting the cells in an incubator or cages by day ten or 11 now.

I had 15 out of 25. Yesterday I saw only 11 and one was completely engulfed in the new comb they built on the graft frame. They were all capped and I didn't want to risk the pupae so I gently put the frame back in the hive.
    What could have happened to the other 4 acceptances? Could they have been torn or just engulfed in wax?
    Dfa (Humid continental warm summer climate)

It could have been an older larva that you grafted which would put it ahead of the other ones.