Results 1 to 20 of 39

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, Calif. USA
    Posts
    272

    Default Long Absent Bumblebee Returns to Seattle Area In Spite Of Increased Neonicotinoid Use

    http://news.yahoo.com/return-long-ab...120655098.html

    Bombus occidentalis vanished from western Washington in the early-mid 1990's - before the neonicotinoid insecticides were even available - but has recently reappeared in the Seattle area, in spite of the now widespread use of neonics.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Macoupin,Illinois,USA
    Posts
    355

    Default Re: Long Absent Bumblebee Returns to Seattle Area In Spite Of Increased Neonicotinoid

    Good News....Where u suppose Monsanto had them stored for past 10 years???

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Eugene, Oregon USA
    Posts
    323

    Default Re: Long Absent Bumblebee Returns to Seattle Area In Spite Of Increased Neonicotinoid

    Are you ever going to tell us which pesticide company or lobbying firm you work for BluDiamond?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Rader, Greene County, Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    6,703

    Default Re: Long Absent Bumblebee Returns to Seattle Area In Spite Of Increased Neonicotinoid

    BigDawg -
    Your Beesource profile says you listed your occupation as "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy". Looks like you have got something to hide yourself!



    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Eugene, Oregon USA
    Posts
    323

    Default Re: Long Absent Bumblebee Returns to Seattle Area In Spite Of Increased Neonicotinoid

    So Rader Sidetrack is your real name huh?

    I don't have a thing to hide. I know from many years of being online that marketers, SPAMers, and con artists regularly scan internet forums looking for personal information, so I limit that as much as possible.

    The big difference between myself and BlueDiamond is that I actually joined BeeSource to talk about bees. I own bees, I manage bees, I want to learn about bees and share info with others about bees, and I post here about bees a lot.

    BlueDiamond on the other hand has NEVER made a SINGLE POST about bees here on BeeSource. Not one. EVERY.SINGLE.ONE of his posts have been about pesticides, and, here's the shocker--all of his posts take a pro-pesticide industry position---this thread is a textbook example. In the internet world, that's called a corporate shill and most forums require that people who are being paid to post identify their affiliations so that everyone is clear about the motivations behind their posts i.e especially if the person has a vested financial interest.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rader Sidetrack View Post
    BigDawg -
    Your Beesource profile says you listed your occupation as "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy". Looks like you have got something to hide yourself!




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Gaithersburg, MD
    Posts
    361

    Default Re: Long Absent Bumblebee Returns to Seattle Area In Spite Of Increased Neonicotinoid

    Quote Originally Posted by BigDawg View Post
    So Rader Sidetrack is your real name huh?
    I'm guessing his name is Graham since it states that in the footer of his posts.

    Quote Originally Posted by BigDawg View Post
    on the other hand has NEVER made a SINGLE POST about bees here on BeeSource. Not one. EVERY.SINGLE.ONE of his posts have been about pesticides, and, here's the shocker--all of his posts take a pro-pesticide industry position---this thread is a textbook example. In the internet world, that's called a corporate shill and most forums require that people who are being paid to post identify their affiliations so that everyone is clear about the motivations behind their posts i.e especially if the person has a vested financial interest.
    This may be true but it still does not negate the story. It is also true that this story really has nothing to do w/ Neonics. Just suggests that us scientists really have no clue what is going on despite how smart we think we are. I, too, joined beesource to talk and learn beekeeping so I generally refrain from trench warfare on speculative subjects such as this.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Location
    DuPage County, Illinois USA
    Posts
    9,647

    Default Re: Long Absent Bumblebee Returns to Seattle Area In Spite Of Increased Neonicotinoid

    Quote Originally Posted by BigDawg View Post
    BlueDiamond on the other hand has NEVER made a SINGLE POST about bees here on BeeSource. Not one. EVERY.SINGLE.ONE of his posts have been about pesticides, and, here's the shocker--all of his posts take a pro-pesticide industry position---this thread is a textbook example. In the internet world, that's called a corporate shill and most forums require that people who are being paid to post identify their affiliations so that everyone is clear about the motivations behind their posts i.e especially if the person has a vested financial interest.
    Not this again! I explained to you in a PM that I really don't concern myself with which member backs what position on any given topic. The words members post have to stand on their own merit. BlueDiamond has remained civil in his/her discussion and I take the position that people promoting both sides of an issue give me a better understanding. Why are you so obsessed with who BD is? It won't change one thing about the validity of his/her posts. You remain just as hidden behind your user name. Shall we refer to you as a special interest group shill?
    Regards, Barry

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Eugene, Oregon USA
    Posts
    323

    Default Re: Long Absent Bumblebee Returns to Seattle Area In Spite Of Increased Neonicotinoid

    Right next to the "ghost wheat" that was just found illegally growing in an Oregon field....

    Quote Originally Posted by mrqb View Post
    Good News....Where u suppose Monsanto had them stored for past 10 years???

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Ads