Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    66

    Default Hello from Illinois!

    Hello everyone, new to beekeeping, well I don't have any bees yet seeing as I'll be a freshman in college this year, but I'll be looking forward to keeping bees in the future! Joined this site to learn some much needed information about beekeeping so I don't dive in head first into something I don't know much about but also to gain valuable contacts in the beekeeping community!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Casey, Il, USA
    Posts
    1,067

    Default Re: Hello from Illinois!

    Welcome from east central il what college are you attending

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    66

    Default Re: Hello from Illinois!

    Quote Originally Posted by Harley Craig View Post
    Welcome from east central il what college are you attending
    Thanks! I'm attending SIUC!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kingsville, OH
    Posts
    959

    Default Re: Hello from Illinois!

    Welcome and enjoy the ride.
    Weather a hobby or a business I find beekeeping rewarding in so many ways.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Concord, CA
    Posts
    4,137

    Default Re: Hello from Illinois!

    Welcome from the west coast
    Dan

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Casey, Il, USA
    Posts
    1,067

    Default Re: Hello from Illinois!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick S. View Post
    Thanks! I'm attending SIUC!
    Keep your nose in the books and try not to party too hard, I did not attend there but a lot of my friends did apparently students there have named a shot after me ....... If you are ever at a bar and someone wants you to do a " Harley shot " you should probably respectfully decline. LMAO !

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    66

    Default Re: Hello from Illinois!

    Quote Originally Posted by Harley Craig View Post
    Keep your nose in the books and try not to party too hard, I did not attend there but a lot of my friends did apparently students there have named a shot after me ....... If you are ever at a bar and someone wants you to do a " Harley shot " you should probably respectfully decline. LMAO !
    Lol, I'll keep my eye out for it, but I'm not much of a party person.

    I have a question, is there any Beekeeping events in Illinois, preferably near Chicago?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Casey, Il, USA
    Posts
    1,067

    Default Re: Hello from Illinois!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick S. View Post
    Lol, I'll keep my eye out for it, but I'm not much of a party person.

    I have a question, is there any Beekeeping events in Illinois, preferably near Chicago?
    Not that I'm aware of but I'm sure there is I don't belong to any clubs and I do my best to stay as far away as possible from that area

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    66

    Default Re: Hello from Illinois!

    Quote Originally Posted by Harley Craig View Post
    Not that I'm aware of but I'm sure there is I don't belong to any clubs and I do my best to stay as far away as possible from that area
    Oh okay. And why do you steer away from that area if I may ask? I apologize for going a bit off topic from the thread btw.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Location
    DuPage County, Illinois USA
    Posts
    9,431

    Default Re: Hello from Illinois!

    The Cook-DuPage Beekeepers Association is in the area if you're interested.

    http://www.beesource.com/forums/show...14940-Illinois
    Regards, Barry

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Casey, Il, USA
    Posts
    1,067

    Default Re: Hello from Illinois!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick S. View Post
    Oh okay. And why do you steer away from that area if I may ask? I apologize for going a bit off topic from the thread btw.
    That is a dangerous question and one that if I answered truthfully I'd probably be banned from here for life lol let's just say its not the fine people that live there but the idiots they elect

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Alachua County, FL, USA
    Posts
    6,914

    Default Re: Hello from Illinois!

    Welcome Nick!
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    St. Clair County, Illinois
    Posts
    23

    Default Re: Hello from Illinois!

    Go Salukis! Welcome to the forum.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pickens County, South Carolina, US
    Posts
    823

    Default Re: Hello from Illinois!

    Welcome to the site!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Orland Park, Illinois, USA
    Posts
    87

    Default Re: Hello from Illinois!

    Welcome Nick ! Enjoy the new hobby! it is fun and rewarding.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    East Peoria, IL
    Posts
    398

    Default Re: Hello from Illinois!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick S. View Post
    Lol, I'll keep my eye out for it, but I'm not much of a party person.

    I have a question, is there any Beekeeping events in Illinois, preferably near Chicago?
    You just missed the Illinois State Beekeepers Assn summer meeting in Gurnee a few weeks ago.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Mclean Illinois
    Posts
    28

    Default Re: Hello from Illinois!

    Welcome from Central Illinois!! This site is a goldmine of information.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Ads