Thread: New an Beginner

Default New an Beginner

Hey everyone I'm new here. Also a beginner. In the medical field also retired Navy. Hope to learn as much as possible so I can start 2 hives this spring. One hive on order but I'm sure there's a lot more. I need to do? Hopefully I can get some go info an not make wasteful mistakes. Thanks in advance for any help.

Default Re: New an Beginner

welcome rm!

lots of good info on the forum here, don't be surprised if you get some different kinds of ideas about how to do this or that.

i decided early on that mistakes were a good thing, experience is the best teacher, and it's only bees.

have you met any of the beekeepers in your area? the best thing i can think of for you at this point is to visit other folks when they are going into their hives. most beekeepers are usually happy to oblige.

good luck and have fun!
    beekeeping since june 2010, +/- 20 hives, tf

Welcome

Welcome
    I have had bee's for about 7 months this is a great place to get information about raising bees. The best advice from here was to buy the same size equiptment 10 frame mediums suppers, from the same place. Everything fits together, and you dont have to worry about the frames fitting. This one thing I feel saved me money, and time. I went with mannlake some of the pro use there stuff. Good Luck.

Welcome!
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com