Default A Flower & Bee racy video

You just never know what you're going to find when you shoot close -up videos. All I was trying to do was to keep the bee in the viewfinder and not shake the camera too much. This was taken by my little pocket camera.
    An unrated Bee movie in the truest sense of the word...

http://solarbeez.com/2013/07/16/sex-...ellow-blossom/

Hope you like it.

Default Re: A Flower & Bee racy video

Neat!
    Julysun elevation 23 feet. 4 Hives, 2 years.

It's time to change the saying "the birds and the bees" to "the bees and the flowers".
    That is cool! Thanks for posting.
    Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. Prvb 16:24
    March 2010; +/- 30 hives, TF

nice video, I felt a bit naughty watching it

When I take videos I usually throw most away because of all the blurry focus or wind whipping back and forth or the photographer's unsteadiness. I shoot during the day of course, then go back to attending to deadlines, so it's after dinner when I'm tired that I get to review all the videos. Often I fall asleep going through and tossing all the bad ones, but I've got to look at them all the way through because there might be one fantastically sharp frame that's worth keeping.

So it was with the vetch videos. I had already sleepily tossed a bunch when I looked at one of them and noticed the movement of the petals closing. I backed it up a few times to make sure I saw what I thought, then I showed it to my wife who noticed the pollen and other subtle things. Yes, I know what you mean about feeling a bit naughty watching it. If you look at it closely it's a bit sensuous.

Great Great video, loved the music choice, a bit racy.................

Quote Originally Posted by biggraham610 View Post
    Great Great video, loved the music choice, a bit racy.................
    VERY racy!

Great video! Nature is amazing.

What camera are you using to take the video? I have several cameras and my video is not that clear and detailed.
    I have a Nikon coolpix L110 and a Sony HandyCam HDR-CX190 it is 5.3 Megapixels. I use Adobe premer elements 7 for editing.

Good Video.

Quote Originally Posted by disc999golfer999 View Post
    What camera are you using to take the video? I have several cameras and my video is not that clear and detailed.
    I have a Nikon coolpix L110 and a Sony HandyCam HDR-CX190 it is 5.3 Megapixels. I use Adobe premer elements 7 for editing.

Good Video.
    I thought I answered this a while back. Sorry.
    I use a Canon SX-50, which has a 50x optical zoom. I like it for the wide angle and the telephoto. 50x is like using a 1200 mm zoom lens. I'm sure a prime lens is a little sharper, but this is decent and light weight.
    The camera I used for the above video is a relatively cheap Sanyo Xacti. It's small enough to fit in my pocket. The thing that really sets it apart is the "SUPER MACRO" feature. You can focus so close that, well, one time when I was shooting video of a bee on a sunflower, the bee turned around and bumped the lens. That's close, plus the image fills the frame, so the bee is big...I can't do that with the Canon very well.
    This is the sunflower shot last year. Everything was perfect. I tried one this year, but it wasn't as good. http://solarbeez.com/2012/09/29/going-deep-for-gold/
    I use iMovie for the editing.

Thanks, the Sanyo Xacti is pretty inexpensive, I will consider it when I go shopping for a new camera.