Default Bee Venom Advice

Hey there, I've been doing loads of research on BVT and can't find an apitherapist in my area. I actually just ordered pure bee venom powder but I'm not sure how I should dilute it. I am not allergic to bees and have been stung many times in my life. Any advice would be appreciated.

Default Re: Bee Venom Advice

An apitherapist spoke at our club meeting. They use actual stings from live bees. I've seen the powder used in skin creams.
    Dan

I catch bees at the water trough, which I apply to the hot spot, 1 at a time.
    Of course, I have had a lot of practice--catching queens and queen attendants. You gently grab their wings from behind. You need to find a beekeeper or beehive to do this. And start with 1 sting. and go from there. I say this only because you state that you are not allergic.

I dont intentionally apply anything, but I will tell you when I get stung, The pain in my right hand goes away for days, no matter where Im stung. Arthritis from pipe wrenching too long I guess, but it definately helps for DAYS. G

Are you going to take it orally or use it on skin? Be advised that collected bee venom is reported to not be as effective as the direct stings are.

The quality of the venom can be checked by visual inspection. White is good, browning is older, and weaker. Therapy from 1 gram of powder can make 7000 applications. This will vary depending on the quality. I would think 1 drop of water per application is practical.

According to this:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_d...weigh?#slide=4

: There are about 120 drops in 5 mL.

So, 24 drops in 1 mL, then 7000/24 = 292 mL ( 10.2 oz ) - I'd use R.O. water, or purified bottled water. Don't know what the additives in drinking water may do to the venom.
    Last edited by ellorno; 04-01-2014 at 12:13 PM.