Default using the mast off a Clark TW25 on a Bobcat610

I've got a old dead Clark TW25 forklift that the shop tells me isn't worth replacing the battery. Has anyone ever used the mast (14') off of one of these on a Bobcat 610? I'm thinking it might be a bit much weight wise. here's the spec sheet on the Clark - http://service.clarkmhc.com/Spec_She...125%201967.pdf
    The bobcat doesn't have a crazy wheel yet either.

Thoughts??
    Jacob

Default Re: using the mast off a Clark TW25 on a Bobcat610

That mast looks identical to the one on my dads favorite 610! Clark made most of the masts for the 610. Check ebay for the owners manual for the bobcat 610 it has a section about the masts.
    I am holding on to the hope I have inside... Kutless

One of my 610s has a 10' version of that mast……main thing I don't like is it is a 'gravity feed' down…….requires some additional plumbing and is much slower then the power up/power down. Also, make sure the towers fit between the sides of the bobcat (24" I believe) or it will limit your 'tilt'.

Thanks for the feedback. This one is gravity feed down also. I'll check the width but I think that'll be fine. I was thinking it might make the 610 too front heavy being its a 14'. I really wouldn't need that big of a mast but I may as well salvage it off the Clark.

forklifts work with a higher volume lower pressure hydraulic system compared to other machinery. so the operation will be slower and you have to watch out for overload and blowing out the hydraulics. you would be wise to put a pressure relief valve on the line to the hoist cylinder.... the higher volume lower pressure system allows smother operation and finer control with a heavy load. it should work fine if you set it up right.

The 610 has a bypass in the foot valve. It operates at less than 1000 psi anyways. I have a bobcat that I put a 14' mast on. I did remove the safety valve at the bottom of the lift cylinder. Its supposed to keep the oil from spraying out in the event of a line failure. the swinger, hummerbee, and Edwards masts don't have one. It sped up the gravity lowering of the forks. I'll try and find a picture.
    I am holding on to the hope I have inside... Kutless

Pics would be good. I'd like to see some close ups on how the mast actual attaches to the 610. I looked through my manual on the 610 again this morning and couldnt find anything about masts. I don't think the slower lowering will be such a issue for me anyway - I'm not loading semis of bees with it. (Everything winters outside here in MN) I'd mainly like the mast so I can handle full drums with the 610 now that my forklift is down. Right now I've been using a big case 70xt skidsteer loading honey semis and it's just too big for the job.

Thanks guys!

The mast is 22.5" measuring outside the big supports