Default wax moth trouble

I have some deeps full of capped honey. I pulled them at the end of may from various hives, but due to extenuating circumstances, i havent been able to extract until now. Unfortunately i have noticed some wax moth damage. Theyve been stored in a dry but hot environment. I didnt have room in a freezer for 20+ frames. Unfortunately it didnt help the situation. Is it too late to extract or should i try anyway? I still dont have freezer room, so i need to do something with them soon. Please help?

Default Re: wax moth trouble

Get them extracted
    Leer Family Honey Farm-Shannon Leer

I shouldnt have to worry about slimy or silky honey? I just dont want to ruin the crop either, and would rather feed back to the bees if the honey is in danger. Otherwise if its safe, i will extract.

If your are sure it is wax moths, then I would extract it now. If it is SHB larvae, then the honey might be fermented. You can usually tell ny the smell if the honey is bad.

When draining from the extractor to the bucket, I would use a strainer and a single layer of cheese cloth for the hone to run through. Unless you have "Honey strainers"...I dont.
    "You have to put down the ducky if you wanna play the Saxophone!" Mr .Hoot

Thanks for the confirmation. I made room in a freezer finally while i awaited a response. Yes its wax moth. Hopefully theyre all dead now so i will warm and extract. Thanks again.

I had some wax moth damage and even live larva on some of my honey frames. I just cut out the damaged part, along with a wide berth of good comb surrounding the damaged areas. Chrushed and strained and the honey came out just fine.
    Honey Badger Don't Care ಠ_ಠ ~=[,,_,,]:3