Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bee Shield

Default Re: Bee Shield

Quote Originally Posted by Markt View Post
    Time spent monitoring is time wasted. The trick is to know what your manipulations are going to do before you do them because you aren't going to have time to come back in two days and check. You can't be going back to hive 486 to see if moving frame 2 into the middle had the desired effect or not.
    So how do you know what manipulations you need to make?
    Stand for what you believe, even if you stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Y View Post
    So how do you know what manipulations you need to make?
    Experience

this is on their website, does it make any sense to someone who understands the science?

"How does BEE SHIELD™ work?

The properties of BEE SHIELD™ prevent viruses from being able to enter the cellular structures of the bees by not allowing the viruses to attach to the cellular walls of the bee. It doesn’t allow pesticides to be able to enter into the bee’s cells due to its ability to bind to such reactive elements. BEE SHIELD™ works by preventing the protein capsule of a virus from being able to communicate with the glycoproteins or carbohydrate antenna of the cellular membrane of an organism. This prevents cellular uptake of the virus in the form of endocytosis, a process of which introduces the single-stranded DNA and double stranded RNA into the cellular mechanisms of the cell. This does not allow for viral take-over of the organelles in the cellular matrix, stopping viral reproduction"

Here is what I understand from the above. Think of a virus as a piece of a jigsaw puzzle. and it can only attach to a cell if it fits exactly just like any other jigsaw puzzle piece. A virus must attach to a living cell in order to become "Alive" and multiply. Now this is where the puzzle piece analogy begins to be inadequate. But imagine a typical piece of a puzzle that has two coves and to tongues in order to fit the surrounding pieces of the puzzle. If I had a piece of the puzzle I never wanted to fit I could simply fill in one of those notches or coves. or even slightly change the shape of it and the intended piece of the puzzle will never make an exact fit. and an exact fit is the only thing that will do.

In this case the fit is a match of proteins. or maybe it is easier to think of it as a chemical match. What it sounds to me is that they think they have found a way to alter the chemical make up of the cells in a honey bee so that the chemical makeup of the viruses will no longer fit.

Another way to think of it is in comparison to sugar and water or oil and water. the molecules found in water and in sugar are such that they will connect to each other. but the molecules found in oil and water will not. They are trying to make the bees cells and the virus like water and oil.

How realistic that is I will not comment on.
    Stand for what you believe, even if you stand alone.

It looks like Robert Russell has started a new business

That mechanism is the cure for the common cold, some forms of cancer if initiated by a virus (HPV and cervical cancer come immediately to mind) perhaps even HIV, in my poor uneducated opinion : )

Thumbs Up Re: Bee Shield

[QUOTE=rwurster;983115]Old Timer, the only person on BeeSource who's opinion matters to me, whether it be graftless queen rearing, beekeeping, or pointing out snake oil salesmen...
    Cheers mate
    John Sampson-Tucker County, WV
    14 hives - All cutouts and swarms

Quote Originally Posted by MichaBees View Post
    It looks like Robert Russell has started a new business
    As i was reading this I was just waiting for a mention of that name...
    Jason Young

guess who is scheduled to speak at the montana beek association next month. send your list of questions you'd like me to ask. and i'll try to get a sample.

Yes i know its been awhile since I have posted on here i apologize i have been extremely busy and havent had the time to respond and please provide Justin with questions that I will gladly answer and Dave Wick who has been running samples for me will also be there to eplain what the tests are showing, and I will provide names of who is using it and the results they are getting then your going to really freak out when I say I'm working on a natural foul brood treatment and that it works with flying colors, but hey its hard to have light penetrate a closed mind, but that hasn't stopped me yet so please hit me with the best of what you got and have it ready for the show cause i will be ready for it thank you for your inquires

Quote Originally Posted by beeshield View Post
    then your going to really freak out when I say I'm working on a natural foul brood treatment and that it works with flying colors, but hey its hard to have light penetrate a closed mind
    AFB or EFB?
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

" foul brood treatment and that it works with flying colors" beeshield

You navy guys will need to help us a bit, our bees are going to have flags.
    Julysun elevation 23 feet. 4 Hives, 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by julysun View Post
    "

You navy guys will need to help us a bit, our bees are going to have flags.
    Maybe the bravo flag.

We have only treated AFB so far, I am here in Montana at the moment heard of some new diseases for bees, (Great) found in the gut I will post more when I have more information on it

http://www.apidologie.org/index.php?...065&Itemid=129

We evaluated the antagonistic effects of newly identified lactic acid bacteria (LAB) in the genera Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium, originating from the honey stomach, on the honey bee pathogen, Paenibacillus larvae. We used inhibition assays on agar plates and honey bee larval bioassays to investigate the effects of honey bee LAB on P. larvae growth in vitro and on AFB infection in vivo. The individual LAB phylotypes showed different inhibition properties against P. larvae growth on agar plates, whereas a combination of all eleven LAB phylotypes resulted in a total inhibition (no visible growth) of P. larvae. Adding the LAB mixture to the larval food significantly reduced the number of AFB infected larvae in exposure bioassays. The results demonstrate that honey bee specific LAB possess beneficial properties for honey bee health. Possible benefits to honey bee health by enhancing growth of LAB or by applying LAB to honey bee colonies should be further investigated.

Dave Wick who has been running samples for me will also be there to eplain what the tests are showing
    Dave Wick is an expert on virus. I would like to know what he has to say. Why not post it here or have him post. He's a member.

Quote Originally Posted by beeshield View Post
    We have only treated AFB so far, I am here in Montana at the moment heard of some new diseases for bees, (Great) found in the gut I will post more when I have more information on it
    Was the treatment successful?

The treatment was very successful and we have two different beekeepers using this formula now and feedback from one has shown the same results, the other is just about a week and a half in trials from this date and is documenting results please email me Justin@1stlighttrading.com and I would be glad to discuss with you the results and how and why the product works

light can neither emanate nor penetrate a closed mind-George Sims

I'm still waiting for you to post Dave Wick's information.

> light can neither emanate nor penetrate a closed mind-George Sims

The comment above was in the body of a post, not the signature line. That made me wonder who George Sims is. It appears he is one of those "marketing motivator" types. More info here:
    http://georgesims.com/

If you want to add an automatic "signature" to your posts, that can be done in the "Settings" tab at the very top of each page.
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast