Default Blue Sky Bee Supply

Impressed with their service.

Placed an order with them last night (New Zealand time), get up this morning and already have an email saying order has shipped. This is marked contrast to other US sites I've dealt with who can take more than a week.

Blue Sky's prices are reasonable including shipping.

Goods have not actually arrived yet of course but can track the order online and a good experience so far.

Their web site was not totally intuitive during the order making process, but got there in the end.

Default Re: Blue Sky Bee Supply

I assume you just get light non bulky stuff! Is freight a real killer or is price competitive even shipping all the way around the world? Just curious.

Freight is a killer. I bought 2 bee suits from Dadant, freight was more than the suits.

Only do it if there is something I REALLY want.

But from Blue Sky I bought a Jenter queen kit, because of the inflated price you pay our local distributor for a slow selling product like this, all up cost from Blue Sky worked out around the same including freight. Did it cos our local supplier is out of stock.

Blue Sky is certainly one of the best, particularly when it comes to communication and customer service.
    Horseshoe Point Honey -- http://localvahoney.com/

So far, ordering from them has been my best beekeeping supply ordering experience. I had a tracking number within a day and my items within the week, and it was a holiday weekend to boot! Shipping costs weren't that bad, especially when I compared to other companies. I always look at them first now when I need to order something.

Wonder how long it takes to get stuff from the US to NZ....
    made it to the second year with three hives, zone 6b

I'll post when it arrives.

I have had great experiences with Blue Sky too.

Tom

Package has arrived in good order, which means a fast and hassle free service.

Thanks for all the great feedback! We are working harder than ever to keep up with demand and adding more items every day (many new items that aren't even in our glossy catalog). We think we are doing pretty good, but we are always trying to improve. A lot of folks shop the big guys, but don't realize how much they can save with us. If we can offer quality items, speedy service all at a fair price to our customers--we are going to do it!
    Blue Sky Bee Supply
    Quality Bee Supplies, Bees and Containers!

I have been to their place of business and picked up @ the IBA beeschool in indy 2 years in a row always a pleasure to do business with them!!!
    Ed, KA9CTT profanity is IGNORANCE made audible
    you can`t fix stupid not even with duct tape

I have used them plenty of times and will continue to do so. I am lucky enough that they are only about a 45 minute drive. Haven't ordered from them but always get helpful happy service every time I am there. Also, their ventilated bee suits rock.
    Life's a garden, dig it. -Joe Dirt

I have purchased from them a few times. Their prices and service are great. I can't comment on shipping though since they are only 15 minutes from me. Great folks to deal with and I always like to support local businesses.

Like Honeyman said, I have also placed an order with them just prior to our annual Indiana Beeschool in February and they never charged me shipping. Quality products as well.

Thanks again all. We appreciate it. Many exciting things happening this year . . .
    Blue Sky Bee Supply
    Quality Bee Supplies, Bees and Containers!