Thread: Eco Bee Box

Default Eco Bee Box

Word to the wise....Stay far away from Eco Bee Box. The man can't run a business, can't handle packing and shipping, Kept my returns without issuing credit. Claimed my order was special order even though it was clearly on his website. I can go on. Do yourself a favor, stay far away!

Default Re: Eco Bee Box

Quote Originally Posted by Honey-4-All View Post
    Hate to ask but would you be willing to explain to the rest of us why anyone in their right mind would order that garbage in the first place?

After thirty years of slamming thousand upon thousands of boxes together I have no clue as to why anyone would use or want that junk. More work and more money for what?

What is the benefit derived that could not be gained by all the other ways available without the extra expense!
    come on now.
    they have 30 years in the beekeeping industry too!

"About Us
    Eco Bee Box is a local Utah Bee Keeping business that has over 30 years of bee keeping experience. We pride ourselves in developing products that help you meet your bee keeping goals. Need help with the following then WE ARE YOUR ANSWER!

Happy and productive honey making bees
    Bee Boxes that last
    Easy to produce more queens
    Double or quadruple your hives
    Why the Eco Bee Box is the next generation of bee keeping? Our Secret is our devotion to new product development. We have identified several problems in the bee keeping industry and we have set out to develop products that not only solve these industry wide problems but truly make bee keeping easier, more productive, safer to bees, and most of all fun."

Quote Originally Posted by Honey-4-All View Post
    Hate to ask but would you be willing to explain to the rest of us why anyone in their right mind would order that garbage in the first place?.............

What is the benefit derived that could not be gained by all the other ways available without the extra expense!
    I know I'm making a mistake answering this, but what the heck, we're all friends, right?

I keep my bee at my Lake house, and aesthetics mean something to me. When I first saw this product it had a unique look. In the end, it was all a big mistake. Nothing worse than paying up and getting inferior product.

Go ahead, make fun all you want. At least I'm trying to be part of the solution, not the problem!

Please limit threads to "Praise" or "Problems" with specific vendors and suppliers you have personally experienced.
    http://www.beesource.com/forums/show...um-Please-Read
    Regards, Barry

Quote Originally Posted by mahobee View Post
    Word to the wise....Stay far away from Eco Bee Box. The man can't run a business, can't handle packing and shipping, Kept my returns without issuing credit. Claimed my order was special order even though it was clearly on his website. I can go on. Do yourself a favor, stay far away!
    Clearly deceitful when no returns are ever given by anyone that I know of on special ordered equipment. Shipping too, is deceitful when the package leaves my door it is the responsibility of the shipping company and his gripe is with them not me. Never did he contact the shipper where insurance was paid on the package he received. As for the item being on my website, that too is deceitful as I have many text and emails showing his options he was deciding over.

Speculation on "metal condenses like crazy" as this is aluminum and it does not. It was used for decades in electrical wiring as it does not heat up or condense. Interesting a blogger is posting information they know very little about.

Another post the moderator is ignoring and is deceitful and wrong, and intended to be mean. Many items are new to the beekeeping industry and obviously have not been around 30 years. Langstroth invented his boxes and with the same ideology were not accepted fully until the late 1800's early 1900's. This entire reference should be removed Barry.

Jay, you never sent all the product back, only items damaged by shipping company or yourself in the car accident you claimed you had, yet it was insured. Had the package in your possession for a month prior to opening. I have never been paid for the items you were sent and requested, and damaged. You illegally filed for a refund while it was in transit and lied about it, so thus the police report of credit card fraud. Never have been paid to this day and he still has product.

I notified you immediately of the damage, caused solely by your negligence and sloppiness. The items were packed without any protection whatsoever. I have a ups tracking confirmation for the returned goods, which you have never acknowledged. I have a long list of vendors that I have dealt with without any problem whatsoever. No complaints on either side. It's my obligation to point this out to fellow beekeepers so that they don't make the same mistake I did.

Quote Originally Posted by mahobee View Post
    I notified you immediately of the damage, caused solely by your negligence and sloppiness. The items were packed without any protection whatsoever. I have a ups tracking confirmation for the returned goods, which you have never acknowledged. I have a long list of vendors that I have dealt with without any problem whatsoever. No complaints on either side. It's my obligation to point this out to fellow beekeepers so that they don't make the same mistake I did.
    It was insured. You did not open it for a month. If it looked damaged, why wait a month? If damaged, why accept it from the carrier? You requested from your card company a refund, and denied it, while it was in transit. I filed a police report with the Murray City Police regarding credit card fraud, and it is still on file with your name listed. I have not been paid for this item yet! Should I include your text and emails here too? Bad business, hmm, yes it is!!

I have to agree with the OP on this: stay away from Eco Bee Box. I ordered a TBH from him thinking it's a beautiful hive and would look nice in the yard. Big mistake. Here is my time line:

I purchased a TBH from Albert back on 2/22 and 4 days later he marked it shipped with a note stating it would ship within a week.
    On 3/4 I sent him a msg asking when the hive was going to ship and telling him I needed it by April 1st when my bees were to arrive. He said no problem.
    Sent him another msg on 3/12 to find out when it would ship and he stated he was working on it. Sent another msg on 3/15 asking for an update and was told he had emergencies and was still working on it. On 3/21 he told me it would ship that Tuesday, 3/24.
    The hive didn't ship Tuesday, or Wednesday or Thursday. He states UPS picked it up Friday but the tracking # doesn't show anything at all. Either way, it wouldn't be here before tomorrow. When I called him out on his Eco Box chat page, amazingly the tracking # showed activity. The hive was picked up on 3/30 instead of 3/27 like he was telling everyone.

The hive arrived 4/6/2015, well past the 4/1 date I needed it by. Opened the box to find he packed a 100lb bee hive in packing peanuts. Not very adequate at all. Once I got the hive out of the box, I had to find all the wax strips which were just thrown in the box. One package of strips was crushed. Then I had to look for the wax that was suppose to come with the hive. Not there at all. After setting up the hive, my husband and I got a good look at it. There are wood cracks where quite a few screws are. This happens when you don't pre-drill the holes. One leg bracket was missing half the screws. There were no follower boards at all. And the copper top and window covers (upgrades he said he was doing with my hive) weren't there at all either. It's been one lie after another. This TBH is a piece of junk. The frames won't even stay hanging. If you bump the hive just slightly, the frames fall. How is that safe for bees? Albert has chosen to ignore any of these issues and has since blocked me on Facebook. He has absolutely horrible customer service and a huge God complex thinking his hives are the best out there. That can't be when you have no problems sending out junk.

Jeannie

At least he used peanuts on yours, he used absolutely nothing packing mine! He's a lying, incompetent guy that should be avoided at all costs!